PDA

View Full Version : Ccl

Pro-Scapes
02-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Anyone else get a post card from CCL today with prices printed in plain view for the world to see ?

Has an attractive brass light (brand ommited by me but its on the card) for around half the normal contractors price. Unreal the sent pricing out in the open like this.

Guess this manu has no intrest in MAP standards. Not sure if I should stock up at this price...boycott the manu and ask CCL to take me off their mailing list or just say who cares and its business as usual. Never done business with CCL but not sure I like their ethics.

Lite4
02-04-2008, 07:15 PM
No idea who CCL is?

Pro-Scapes
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
corry CLL not ccl... long day.. CLL is cal landscape lighting which is a dist

Chris J
02-04-2008, 07:30 PM
The world doesn't see that card Billy. Just the contractors CLL sends them to.

irrig8r
02-04-2008, 07:49 PM
And everyone who works at the post office!

J/K

I got the same card. I mentioned it via email to the manufacturer. He knew of it and said they plan to limit it to one month.

BTW, Billy is CLL still offering discounted products from the same manufacturer through it's retail site, www.aquanlite.com?

Pro-Scapes
02-04-2008, 08:06 PM
It apears they are Gregg. Things that make you go HRMMMMMM

sprinkler guy
02-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Just an FYI Billy, there is a CCL - Contractors Choice Lighting, (or their sister site Consumers Choice Lighting). They are an importer of cheap knockoff stuff. I came across them online one day trying to find LED rope lighting. It's hard to tell the photos apart on their website from Corona and Dabmar.

JoeyD
02-05-2008, 03:10 PM
They will sell to your customers all day. They could care less if your a pro or a homewoner

eskerlite
02-05-2008, 06:30 PM
I wonder if they will put a limit on this fixture? What a deal!
Pm me if You didnt get a card.
Sean C.

Eden Lights
02-05-2008, 06:50 PM
They will sell to your customers all day. They could care less if your a pro or a homewoner

Not to be ugly, but kind of like this guy and Unique?

http://www.greentouchirrigation.com/UniqueLighting.html

What fixtures are not online at our cost, not many, just a few. This really hasn't been a issue for me.

Pro-Scapes
02-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I wonder if they will put a limit on this fixture? What a deal!
Pm me if You didnt get a card.
Sean C.

no limit that i know of... Sean have you used these ? it is a steal at that price. To bad I refuse to buy from CLL

Eden thats unreal about greentouch.

Chris J
02-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Billy, why would you refuse to buy something from CLL for this price? Isn't that like cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Pro-Scapes
02-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Its their techniques and business practices that bother me. They have a retail site touting design help.... they sell fixtures marginally more expensive to homeowners and non pro's... I can get this price matched direct if I want it too and have it from someone I trust and I can have it faster.

I wouldnt not order it from CLL and support their cause and basically condone their retail practices and pricing. Besides my fla dist gets me better pricing across the board on all the other lines.

eskerlite
02-06-2008, 09:28 AM
The people from CLL are some of the best people you will meet in the biz. Ive know them for 10 years now and they have been around longer than anyone.(1963) They are doing bold things. They did get our attention didnt they. Save your money and buy these lights from them. I started with them as my didtributor in 1988 and now I use someone local for convienence. Dont boycott someone trying to help you save money. They are not affecting anyone close to you with this card. Buy them up and take the wife out to dinner with the money you saved. CLL is not the devil, the devil is .............
Sean C.

JoeyD
02-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Not to be ugly, but kind of like this guy and Unique?

http://www.greentouchirrigation.com/UniqueLighting.html

What fixtures are not online at our cost, not many, just a few. This really hasn't been a issue for me.

This guy is not a Unique DIstributor. He is just another bootlegger. We have asked him to remove our name and products before...looks like its time for the lawyers to ask him. THEY ARE NOT UNIQUE DISTRIBUTORS!!!!! Find another one, this helps us!!

NightScenes
02-16-2008, 10:38 AM
I'll be on a beach in Jamaica in a couple of weeks thanks to CLL!! I've never had an issue with clients looking up fixture prices online. Those people who are busy pinching pennies are not my clients anyway.

I'm feeling Iree Mon!!