PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Accounts Wanted in NJ

loupiscopolandscaping
02-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Hello, I'm the owner of Lou Piscopo Landscaping Inc.. Our services is located in Brick, NJ. We are looking to purchase new lawn clients for the 2008 season. If interested in selling accounts in the Ocean or Monmouth County area please contact us at 732-202-1880. Thank you, Lou Piscopo Inc.

edit - you can't post an email address at the site. Thanks, Mike

DLAWNS
02-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Hey man, welcome to the site. I think I've actually seen one of your trucks around. I actually am not selling any accounts, but if you're interested, I'll keep your information and I'll throw you any calls I get for Monmouth County as I don't go up that far. Hope this helps a little bit.

loupiscopolandscaping
02-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Thank you Bill,
This was my fathers business. We started in Somerset and Union County's. He passed away due to cancer 5 years ago. I moved the business here to Brick almost 3 years ago. Im trying to get more clients in the area. Ill be honest I'm not the biggest fan of maintenance, we specialize in hardscapes, but we need the work in the slow summer months. Its hard going from 150+ accts to only 20, esp. when i still have the same bills. I don't think I've seen your trucks around. I'm trying to find a place that takes grass for the upcoming season. I use to dump clippings at my friends farm, but they moved this week. Thanks again for everything Bill, Lou Piscopo Inc.

DLAWNS
02-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Hey, no problem, you probably haven't seen me around, I'm not in Brick very often. I do most of my work in Toms River, Manchester, and Berkeley. Only a little bit in Brick. Anything I can't handle will be thrown your way. I don't know where to dump grass clippings either. If I find somewhere that accepts it, I'll let you know. If you find a place I would also appreciate a lead. Good luck out there...maybe I'll see you out there.

loupiscopolandscaping
02-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Im sure you go to the County Recycling center for Leaves and Brush located off towbin rd. I hear theres a dump somewhere in Tinton Falls, not sure where, but there has to be somewhere closer. Thats a timely drive, and with landscaping.....Time is Money!lol

DLAWNS
02-05-2008, 10:34 AM
I hear ya. Thats a hike just to dump. Yeah, I go to the County Recycling center for leaves and brush. I want to know where the secret grass dump is around here. You see all these guys bagging grass. I just for the life of me can't figure out where they're all taking it. I heard something about Tinton Falls also. If thats the only place to take it, I would go there. Do you have any information about it? ie: location, fees, etc.

loupiscopolandscaping
02-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Sorry Bill, but i just heard the town from centers and Clients. I bag most of my accounts, but some i can't.I dont have a catch system for my 62 Z Master or my 52 great dane super surfer. If an account wants me to bag i have to use my walkbehinds.

DLAWNS
02-05-2008, 10:53 AM
No problem, I've heard you can dump it at the dump on Rt. 70 in Manchester but it's like $150 a load..no matter how big or small. I think thats pretty steep if you ask me.

loupiscopolandscaping
02-05-2008, 11:03 AM
umm 150 a load? hahahaha if so, i think id rather pull off to the side of the road and "accidently" hit the lift botton and say its an electical problem to an officer.lol thats very steep! i have a 2003 f350 9ft mason dump. i can hold about 6-7 yards of grass. the MOST i would pay is $50 for a dump. We gotta get in good with a farmer around here, they can use it for compost and in the meantime enjoy the smell.lol

Wilson Edge
02-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Sorry Bill, but i just heard the town from centers and Clients. I bag most of my accounts, but some i can't.I dont have a catch system for my 62 Z Master or my 52 great dane super surfer. If an account wants me to bag i have to use my walkbehinds.

hey how do you like your super surfer...I have the the same mower....i had one of the hydro motors go out at 47 hrs but no other problems....i bag with mine using a accelorator bagger.....let me know what you think!!!!

loupiscopolandscaping
02-05-2008, 11:10 AM
honestly i HATE IT!!!!!! lol i have 700 hrs on mine. one HUGE problem is the metal slot on the hydro pumps. the ALWAYS get worn down or broken off. Plus i most have stripped 4-5 hubs from this problem. my favorite machine is the 62 z master. great machine

DLAWNS
02-05-2008, 11:21 AM
yeah thats ridiculous isn't it? Thats what I'm saying the farms are the way to go.

loupiscopolandscaping
02-05-2008, 11:35 AM
i just recieved a package of outdorr signs i designed on buildasign.com....i ordered 5 corrugated pastic signs shipped to my door $125. im gonna call some clients to see in i can stake them on their properties.

DLAWNS
02-05-2008, 11:51 AM
nice..I'm about to call some real estate agencies and property management companies to try and drum up some commercial work.

loupiscopolandscaping
02-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Good Luck!

Surf'n'Turf
02-05-2008, 12:35 PM
not that i bag grass very often, but the local farm that did take clippings from a lot of guys got a warning last fall from the dep not to take them anymore for fear of ground contamination from pesticide residue in the clippings...i would guess that any other farms (not like there are that many around, lol) got the same warning, or are about to. only place i know of that will take them is the county out in tinton falls, i believe someone told me it is 100/ ton

DLAWNS
02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Surf'n'turf-- Thanks for the info.

loupiscopolandscaping
02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
thank you surf n turf!!

shade tree landscaping
02-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Lou, the dump in Tinton Falls is very expensive, I would try to find another place to dump things. If you are interested in seeing the priceing for the dump, google Monmouth County landfill/dump, they have their pricing on their website.

loupiscopolandscaping
02-06-2008, 09:49 AM
thank you shade tree, I'm new to the area and still learning a lot when it comes to dumping and picking up material. Just curious, if you do landscape design what nursery do you use. My friend Jay owns I and G farms in jackson, but i usually use Ocean County Nursery in Jackson

TKO Landscaping
02-06-2008, 10:28 AM
For getting rid of leaves, I go to Reliable Wood on Shafto road in Tinton Falls behind Mazza. They charge $12/yard. For getting rid of plants, brush and stuff like that I go to SJAP (they don't take leaves) on Ridge road in Wall off RT 34. They charge $5/yard.

AintNoFun
02-06-2008, 10:47 AM
thank you shade tree, I'm new to the area and still learning a lot when it comes to dumping and picking up material. Just curious, if you do landscape design what nursery do you use. My friend Jay owns I and G farms in jackson, but i usually use Ocean County Nursery in Jackson

ocean county nursery, is that the one owned by down to earth?

loupiscopolandscaping
02-06-2008, 11:13 AM
yea thats the one

Hoss315er
02-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Just burn the damned leaves...

I had to move to the suburbs because of the wife...grew up rurally.
Anyways, late this fall I raked up my lawn of leaves and pine needles and lit them in our backyard pit.

That smoke went straight up, cooled, and settled like it was fog...right as it was getting dark.

The parents attending the "open house" at the elementary school across the street did not care for my smoke out.

I stopped burning when I noticed all this. Town police showed up...no big deal, he saw it was contained and that I was allowing it to burn out. (I was hoping he would order me to douse and cause more smoke)

Wife left the open house and knew the smoke was probably from our yard.

Boy, I miss the country and my burn barrel.

shade tree landscaping
02-06-2008, 02:27 PM
TKO, does the place in wall take grass clippings or grass clumps from edging?

LOU it depends on where we are doing our work, and what type of tree/bush is needed. L P Statile is located in Colts Neck, has alot of beutiful plants, alot of hard to find things. They are wholesale only, but not that cheap. We also use Princeton Nusery out off of 195 in the Trenton area. For everyday trees/shrubs we use Cosolla farms.

Never knew that Down To Earth landscaping owns a nursey.

loupiscopolandscaping
02-06-2008, 09:32 PM
i dont think they do, i think they just share or lease the same lot

AintNoFun
02-07-2008, 11:05 AM
i was digging through some old paper work and found the number for the monmouth cty. reclamation center just in case anyone wants is 922 8686 x603 idk if it still works or not though...

bigviclbi
02-07-2008, 12:12 PM
You can dump in stafford exit 63 gsp for free at the county recycling center

loupiscopolandscaping
02-07-2008, 12:13 PM
bigv.... grass too??

mruiz
02-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Does this apply only to Ocean County Residents?

shade tree landscaping
02-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I would imagine that its only open to ocean county residents, I'm sure that its set up like the freehold twp dump, only open to residents must show ID

AintNoFun
02-07-2008, 01:59 PM
and while your dumping, take a look at my job, were doing the landscaping on all the new ramps, lol.. just had to add that in

You can dump in stafford exit 63 gsp for free at the county recycling center

bigviclbi
02-07-2008, 05:39 PM
That's awesome aintnofun, you seem like you stay busy all year long. You do alot of state/commercial work huh? By the way, we are being turned into Toms River down here with all this expansion:cry::cry:

AintNoFun
02-07-2008, 08:51 PM
we stay somewhat busy, its hit or miss this time of year.. last week we worked 4 days, this week only 2.. we dont do much commercial just mostly state/muni work.. yea i cant believe how much that area is getting built up down by you, one day im sure it will stretch all the way to a.c.

That's awesome aintnofun, you seem like you stay busy all year long. You do alot of state/commercial work huh? By the way, we are being turned into Toms River down here with all this expansion:cry::cry:

DLAWNS
02-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Aintnofun--
Is that a 732 are code and can people from Ocean dump there? Do they take grass?

Bigv--
Can you dump grass at the one that you are talking about?

AintNoFun
02-08-2008, 12:08 PM
i haven't been there in a few years since we stopped cutting the one condo we used to bag.. i never personally went and i used to send my guys, so i really dont know. but i do remember it being like 80 or 90 a ton to dump and it had to be loose, not in plastic bags.. they made one of my guys dump out like 40 bags the first time we went, lol...

Aintnofun--
Is that a 732 are code and can people from Ocean dump there? Do they take grass?

Bigv--
Can you dump grass at the one that you are talking about?

DLAWNS
02-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the help. I don't bag much but when I do I don't know where to get rid of it. But again, thanks for all of the information.

DLAWNS
02-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Lou,

Sorry we hijacked your thread talking about dumping grass.

mruiz
02-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Wasn't this thread about where to dump your grass clipping? :hammerhead:

loupiscopolandscaping
02-10-2008, 10:42 AM
hahaha Bill its ok, i just got back from north jersey, somerset county. monday i have to go for a cat scan for this BS sinus infection, but let me know if you still would like to meet up. thanks again, lou piscopo.

DLAWNS
02-10-2008, 12:58 PM
yeah man definitely, no major rush though, I just bought a new truck yesterday, so Monday I have to get it insured and do the commercial registration. I also have to have my dump insert taken out of my old truck and put it in my new truck. So get better and I'll give you a shout mid week if thats cool with you.

loupiscopolandscaping
02-10-2008, 07:18 PM
sounds good to me, ill be trying to get and find more work till the end of the month, flyers, signs, door hangers and phone calls. just give me a buzz when your ready.

DLAWNS
02-10-2008, 08:51 PM
no problem man, I'll talk to you soon.

Mow It All llc
02-16-2008, 01:35 PM
In the sping and summer the Ocean county dump on New Hampshire takes grass for free. You just have to call each morning to see if there accepting it. They usally take it 2 days a week. Its free

shade tree landscaping
02-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Is the place in Ocean County only open to Ocean County residents?

Mow It All llc
02-18-2008, 12:21 AM
You need to register with them, they ask for all your inof, when you go to dump they ask for the location of where the grass is from....It has to be from Ocean county, but I dont know where there company has to be from

mruiz
02-19-2008, 07:50 AM
I was just at my accountant office on Sunday and he lives in Tom River. So I asked him about the recycle center. Yes, they do take grass clipping, the only thing is you do need to be a resident of Ocean County. They will check your driver lic. He also told even though they remember him they still recheck his lic every year.