PDA

View Full Version : 2,4-D & MCPA restrictions?

Triple R
02-04-2008, 11:27 PM
I was wondering if any other states have started restricting the purchase of products containing 2,4-D or MCPA?

In California I can no longer purchase the products I have used for years in containers larger than quarts unless I buy watered down versions. For example I can only get Speed Zone in containers smaller than 1 gallon which would be quarts otherwise I have to get Speed Zone Southern if I want to buy a gallon. From what I understand it has to do with the percentage of AI in the product. What doesn't make sense is that once it's diluted for application you end up with virtually the same amount of AI. Now I get to visit the county Ag commissioner's office to see about getting a permit in addition to all of the other licensing I already have to purchase the same product I have used for several years. To top it all off the herbicides I use only carry a caution label. It looks like I will be buying online from out of state if the permit does't go through. Just plain stupid I can buy the products but they have have to be in miniature containers, that makes cense doesn't it.

Well enough for now
Triple R