PDA

View Full Version : honda gxv530 16 hp

I MOW ALONE
02-05-2008, 12:53 AM
im looking for a replacement engine for a 13 hp briggs and i can get a 16hp honda gxv530 for a decent price. my ? is it seems that it is very hard to find a muffler for this engine none of the people on ebay selling these engines offer the muffler for sale does anyone know where a good place online is to order a muffler and do you know how expensive they might be. i like the price on the engine but if a muffler is going to cost an arm and leg its not worth purchasing.

Restrorob
02-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Hmmm, I couldn't find a muffler listed in Honda's parts look-up.

It's possible they leave it up to the OEM's to design a muffler to fit the unit they install the engine on ?

Restrorob
02-05-2008, 10:42 PM
OK,

Further checking turned up the below exhaust system, I don't have Honda pricing here at home but I'd hate to have to buy all that. Just to give you a idea, A little muffler for a GX160 is in the $60/$70 range from Honda.

I MOW ALONE
02-06-2008, 12:49 AM
thanks for checking it out rob it looks like it would get real expensive real fast. guess i will pass on that engine.

Happy Frog
02-06-2008, 01:15 AM
I believe that Honda has at least two options for this engine. One muffler is much quieter and is designed for the engine to run close to a crowd.
I may be wrong though, better check directly with Honda customer service.

GravelyNut
02-06-2008, 07:41 AM
OK,

Further checking turned up the below exhaust system, I don't have Honda pricing here at home but I'd hate to have to buy all that. Just to give you a idea, A little muffler for a GX160 is in the $60/$70 range from Honda.

Atleast Honda sells the muffler as a standalone item. Not like the $200 muffler and pipes on some Kohlers like below.

Restrorob
02-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Atleast Honda sells the muffler as a standalone item. Not like the $200 muffler and pipes on some Kohlers like below.

Yeah, I know what ya mean. They can make more payup that way. ;)