PDA

View Full Version : factory plug or is it a myth

WHITESLAWNCARE
02-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Ok this is my question I have an 04 GMC 2500HD that I never use. But recently decided to tow a dump trailer with it dosent have brake controller.
so i bought one bought a digital Redline real nice!!
was told that truck has a factory plug for the HD tow packeg, Which I did find Plug. Guy even gave me the factory harness for free wired like directions Showed but not working right, have power but nothing else connections are good, the controller should tell u when a trailer is connected or not but dosent

tyaroch
02-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Try reposting your question. You are not telling the story very clearly. I bet you will get lots of responses!:):)

WHITESLAWNCARE
02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
ya i didnt make much sense now that i looked at the post but I Called takonsha and they told me to change the placement of the lite blu & brown wires now it works mint :weightlifter:

Jason Rose
02-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Congrats on geting it working...

It is nice that the "newer" trucks have all the stuff built in. I have my brake controler harness stuck in the door pocket on my 2000 GMC still. Don't pull very often with it but had thought about adding a controler at one time. Sure beats running more wires from the battery to the back of the truck!

tyaroch
02-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Great! Glad you figured it out. I hate it when these little things slow us down. This site really helps.