PDA

View Full Version : fuel stabilizer

Mark Cook
11-01-2001, 10:14 AM
Hello,
I know I need to add stabilizer to my lawn mower but what about my weedeater & blower?

Thanks

HBFOXJr
11-01-2001, 09:20 PM
Yup, do it all. Use Stabil, avilable at Walmart, K-Mart and auto places. Makes for 1 pull starts in the spring.

awm
11-05-2001, 07:45 AM
use echo or stihl mix. its a proven product and the stabilizer is already in the mix.

Diesel
11-05-2001, 11:05 PM
y'up, either drain it or use stabil in everything. I do both depending on equipment and have not had any problems.

G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE
11-22-2001, 10:18 AM
We use fuel stabilizer ,All year long, When our cans are empty we add more.Dont have to worry any more about , start ups.

Sammy
11-23-2001, 07:08 PM
I have never used Stabil.
I use good quality fuel in all my equipment.
Never had a problem.
I dont see a need for it at all. :cool:

John DiMartino
11-23-2001, 08:47 PM
Sammy,stabil is for long term storage,in a plastic tank or can,good quality fuel will degrade in as little as 2 months.My stuff may sit from december until april sometimes.I do not use it all year if im running the equipment regularly,but in mid november,ill put it in my 5 gallon premix jug,and fill the mower with it,since the end is coming near as far as running it goes.

keifer
11-25-2001, 08:33 PM
How do you know your fuel is fresh. plus you may not ever have a prob but if you do it is a pain to clean out the system.

hertelbr
12-15-2001, 01:50 AM
Definitely use it in the 2 cycles, the carburaters seem to gel up faster with the oil mix.

-Brandon

Atlantic Lawn
01-01-2002, 06:43 PM
I never used it for years, tried some last winter and again this winter on 2 strokes.With our small mowers I always ran em till they stopped.

odin
01-01-2002, 06:52 PM
I agree with john

I do exactly like he does and start adding stabil just before the end of the season.

bob
01-07-2002, 11:36 AM
I use Stabil in everything. As a matter of fact my Grasshoppers came with Stabil in the tank from the factory.

lawnkid
01-09-2002, 08:53 PM
I also use stabil for all of my equipment and it starts up in the spring after a cold winter like I had used it everyday in the year.It's a great product. Inever knew that echo and stihl mix had stabilizer in it. Hey G & S Landscaping, what part of cleveland are you from? Just wondering?

jerry johnston
01-26-2002, 06:53 PM
I live in Minnesota, and I use Stabil for all my lawn mowing equipment. I also put Stabil in my boat gas tank at the end of the year. I have never had a problem.

Follow the directions on the label!!

Jerry

danzig
01-27-2002, 01:12 AM
I used to run my equipment out of gas then put them up. Had problems with getting them to start in the spring. I think the gaskets or something like that inside the carb would dry out and shrink over a 3 month period. I now use sillverstreak gas preserve in all my equipment before i put them up for winter. I tried storing my pump engine with gas but i forgot the preserve. Last spring that carb had a varnish all inside of it. I cleaned it out but it still won't idle.

MOW ED
01-27-2002, 09:59 AM
My solution is to use Amsoil 100:1 synthetic oil in the mix, fresh 87 oc gas, stabil mixed per the label (rhymes too) and I fog out the carbs on all of the 2 cycle equipment.

Absolutely no fuel problems in the spring and they all start in 2 or 3 pulls. It works for me.

lawnjob
07-15-2002, 09:36 AM
Sta-Bil is the best stuff since sliced bread. Be sure and run it enough to bring it into the carburetor. ( you'll smell it) After years of removing , disassembling and cleaning carbs on my buddies motorcycles, snowmobiles, lawn mowers etc. I now hand out 32 oz. bottles of Sta-Bil like stocking stuffers at Christmas. It's easier for me in the end. My 100 H.P. Mercury outboard just lit up after 2 yrs. of storage. Started in 10 seconds, ran gangbusters. Todays reformulated (oxygenated) fuels degrade much faster than yesteryears. :cool: