PDA

View Full Version : what kind of trailer?

casolorz
02-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I don't have a landscaping business but I do enjoy landscaping a lot. My wife and I are building our new house on a 3 1/2 acre lot. I envision that I will have to do a lot of landscaping.
I am hoping to buy a trailer which will allow me to transport gravel, stones, soil, etc. So it has to be enclosed on the sides and have an open top. It also needs to be semi tall since I hope to carry at the very minimum 1 ton of soil at a time. My jeep can tow up to 6100 lbs I think.
I am also assuming some of the things I will be carrying will be more than 30 minutes away so some highway travel will be involved (60 mph or so).
Dump capabilities are not necessary but would be nice.

What are good sites to get ideas about prices?

Thank you for any suggestions or ideas.

--Carlos

IndyChad
02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
We purchased an EZ Dump trailer for a little less than $3k, and I think that it would be perfect for what you are wanting to accomplish. I would encourage you to get a trailer that dumps because it will pay for itself in less back problems. I would check e-bay, autorv.com, buysell.com, do a google search. Good luck!

casolorz
02-05-2008, 06:26 PM
We purchased an EZ Dump trailer for a little less than $3k, and I think that it would be perfect for what you are wanting to accomplish. I would encourage you to get a trailer that dumps because it will pay for itself in less back problems. I would check e-bay, autorv.com, buysell.com, do a google search. Good luck!

Great, thanks for the reply, do you know what model you have?

IndyChad
02-05-2008, 06:43 PM
not sure of the model, but it is a 6'x10' tandem axle and its payload is 4750#'s. They do hold their value pretty well, so if you are going to sell it after you use it for a year or two you should get pretty good money for it. Any more questions, just ask.

silentbob
02-06-2008, 02:33 PM
EZ Dump is definitely the way to go.

casolorz
02-10-2008, 03:09 PM
EZ Dump is definitely the way to go.

So I have been recommended these trailer http://www.ez-dumper.com/prodFeatures.asp?id=2&cID=2&sID=11

and was told the following about pricing:
"The base cost of the unit is $2,995.....Battery is $95...And we find most customers purchase the On Board Charger $125....Freight would not exceed $800....."

What do you guys think?