View Full Version : ? For Walker Owners

11-01-2001, 02:09 PM
How in the world do you change a flat tire? I got a flat yesterday and pissed around an hour trying to figure out how the hell to get it jacked up to get the tire off. I couldn't get the jack under the frame anywhere. So I did a NO,NO maybe and jacked under the fuel tank then put a block under the cross member frame then let the jack down and the got the tire off.
Is there a BETTER way of getting this job done? PLEASE HELP!!!!
Thanks for your advice, as I'm sure this will not be the only flat tire I ever have with this mower.


11-01-2001, 05:40 PM

I got a flat a week after I baught mine. Just pulled the nail out, plugged it , injected some slime and filled it with air..

I too had trouble finding a jacking point. I have driven up onto a ramp or block of wood and then used a jack to lift it up and use a bigger block of wood or jack stand or such to support it safly and then take off the tire... There is definatly not enough ground clearance under the machine...

11-01-2001, 05:56 PM
I agree, go to auto zone and buy a plug kit then to walmart and buy a small compressor ($20) or tank. It works for me, I dont use the slime. If you lose your seal on your rim try to get it back on your trailer and go to a gas station and use their air, youll need the quick burst to seal it back up. After about 20 plugs or when it leaks down all the time buy you a new tire.

JJ Lawn
11-01-2001, 06:00 PM

I use a floor type jack with the smaller head on it. There is just enough room to catch the frame behind the tire on the gas tank side, or use the leg off the instrument panel behind tire on the other side.

If you don't have that kind of jack then take the deck off. Then you can get a jack under the front frame. Or fix it on the machine.


11-03-2001, 12:42 AM
plug flats if possible...

otherwise, i keep a 6' pinch (pry) bar that i put under the frame and lever off a block to lift and prop the tractor up. works good!

11-03-2001, 01:23 AM

I even have to jack my to change oil can't get the oil pan under it. Slime your tires you can buy it at Wally World (Walmart). I have taken a long prybar and lifted the walker high enough to slide a jack under it. LOL

I can't spellll but 2+2=5

11-03-2001, 01:36 AM

i use a baking pan for oil changes, fits under Walkers with ease.


11-03-2001, 06:53 AM
The baking pan is a good idea, I use an old paint roller tray. You can really get fancy and put a cheap plastic liner in it and have no mess after you dump.

JJ Lawn
11-03-2001, 08:28 AM
We all must have attended the same cooking class. :)

I also us a cake pan for oil changes, and before that I used the ol paint roller tray.


11-03-2001, 12:24 PM
Plug 'em.

11-03-2001, 05:52 PM
Oil changes,,,, Yeah a friend of mine uses the baking pan method, but I just set up 3 blocks of wood , high enough to get the pan under it and drive up onto them..

11-04-2001, 09:34 PM
We have had flats on all 3 of our Walkers over the years and changing acually is easy. Put 1ton floor jack under fuel tank on framing or on rear part of the carrier frame on opposite side 5 minute tire changes or less. Oil changes are even easier, jack under fuel frame, put 3qt oil pan under and drain then put 3-4 oz of fresh oil in to flush out. We change all 3 Walker every 50hr or every 10 days.