PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat to Cat 5 pin connector adapter HELP

simbo
02-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Next door neighbor just purchased an 8 foot Bobcat 6 way blade (he owns a rental equipment business) and electronic connector does not fit my 277Caterpillar . Any ideas - would prefer not hard wiring new connector so he can use on different equipment.
Lets me borrow some pretty cool attachments and equipment and he has a helluva mechanic on staff.
Anyone want to move next door?

Stick Pro
02-06-2008, 03:44 AM
I had the same problem on my 287B. I had a bobcat grader i wanted to run on my cat i talked to the cat dealer and they told me that it can not be done if you get your blade to work let me knoe how you do it. Good luck

KRtraxx
02-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Next door neighbor just purchased an 8 foot Bobcat 6 way blade (he owns a rental equipment business) and electronic connector does not fit my 277Caterpillar . Any ideas - would prefer not hard wiring new connector so he can use on different equipment.
Lets me borrow some pretty cool attachments and equipment and he has a helluva mechanic on staff.
Anyone want to move next door?

The only way I know of to make this work is to get a Cat female plug and hand adapt(pigtail wire) it to a Bobcat plug in to fit the Bobcat blade..You have to figure out what each wire is for to get this right..But its not that hard..Has been done..Wish a company would make an adaptor for this both ways..Is a common problem in the industry...

CarterKraft
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
very easy conversion, you will need the bobcat female and the CAT male. Your CAT dealer should be able to build that for you.

If you get the bobcat parts I can get you the CAT part numbers and the pinout of the plug.

Good luck.

on edit: you could hardwire a CAT male onto the Bobcat harness, either way.