PDA

View Full Version : '09 Ford Work Solutions package

PlatinumLandCon
02-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Check out this link, I think you guys will like it. I'm not sure what the price for the package will be (I just skimmed the press release) but it looks interesting. I'm most likely going to get a new super duty in about a year and might consider this option.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/06/chicago-2008-ford-introduces-work-solutions-in-dash-computer-pa/

J&R Landscaping
02-06-2008, 10:12 PM
From looking at the screen, I see the Internet Explorer Icon. Guess it has wireless net or something... that would be a good feature.

pclawncare
02-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Ya i think they said wireless was through sprint but i can see this being a great tool for the larger companies out there as far as relaying jobs that are done and billing information and also tracking your workers. I am a solo op but i think it could still bennifit me by being able to remotely access my home comp and record work as it is finished. Looks like a great idea as long as the software works flawlessly which technology is not always known to do

lifetree
02-06-2008, 10:41 PM
It sure does look nice, but I don't know that I'd be willing to pay for it !!

Lawnworks
02-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Sounds like 50k in debt that could easily be avoided.

pclawncare
02-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Thats what i was wondering it look good and all but how much are we talking here because its awful cheep to write all my records on paper and transfer when i get home.

TXNSLighting
02-07-2008, 10:51 AM
doesnt look to bad. could definately be very beneficial. Ill have to look at em when they come out.

LoneWolfLandscapes
02-07-2008, 07:49 PM
There is a demo video on youtube I was watching this morning. It will have full enternet access thru intergrated sprint mobile and Microsoft Mobile software. Comes with a wireless keyboard and I think printer. USB port and video card slot on front. Also the guy in the video said you would be able to sync up via gotomypc.com with your home computer. Basically make your truck a moble office. My dealer confirmed they will have a retro fit kit for the 2008 too.

PlatinumLandCon
02-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Would the retrofit kit just adapt a factory nav system to run all the other goodies?