PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Fert programs

wiseguyslawn
02-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Trying to put together my first year of a liquid/granular program. Did all granular control in the past for program. Had limited success with the granular momentum, and a pain because of having to have dew present. Appreciate any help and comments and curious what everyone else is doing. Area is Northwest Ohio

Pre-emerge
Had good luck with the dimension granular w/fert.
Anyone have better results with liquid or even pre-m
how did the costs compare

Fert.
Whats everyone using as mix for fert. Had good luck with green flo in my past jobs. Heard good things with Iron chelate as well

Post-emerge
Is momentum worth the extra money over three way.

Insecticide
Have always used merit granular in the past. No complaints except the price. does Liquid form produce good results, how did the price compare

Do not use fungicides that often due to price and clients not wanting to pay for the product. Been easier to sell on cultural practices. Is bayleton still my best bet if this type of product is desired.

Thanx again for any replies

RigglePLC
02-07-2008, 09:41 AM
I think you are on the right track with Dimension on fert.
For weed killer I would suggest Three-way at the maximum allowable rate. Plus be sure you are calibrated correctly for walking speed. Spray a square or rectangular area of about 10 to 12 thousand sq ft and carefully note the gallons before and after you spray. Then carefully measure the area covered and find how many gallons you used to cover it. Find your exact gallons per 1000 sqft. Mix accordingly.

americanlawn
02-07-2008, 10:38 PM
I totally agree with RigglePLC. Merit is the way to go. We also like Dimension, but we're gunna try Barracade this year. Early fall is the best time to spray a liquid weed & feed app. Also, Bayleton continues to be an effective fungicide, but I'm with you regarding the use of cultural practices instead.

As far as liquid pre-emgergent products ---- they need to watered in within a week or so.....otherwise they breakdown. That's why we prefer granules instead. Same with grubworm insecticides.