PDA

View Full Version : Do aerators for zero turns work well?

GreenHor7
02-06-2008, 08:56 PM
I was wondering what everyone thinks about zero turn aerators and which ones do you guys suggest, if any?

Rayholio
02-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Thus far, I've been using primarly an Aera-Vator, mounted on the front of my grasshopper... I love the thing, and so do the customers... on bare dirt, it'll reduce it to tilled soil.. a perfect seed bed, and on Turf, it does a great job too! It doesn't leave plugs, and believe it or not, I don't mark sprinkler heads, and hav only ever damaged one, after 3 years....

It gets in corners, handles hills better, and is much faster than any other unit I've used... of couse just the attachment is $4200. (new)

humble1
02-07-2008, 10:02 PM
i like my JRCO hooker fast makes money

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
02-08-2008, 02:43 AM
i like my JRCO hooker fast makes money

Can you tell me more about your JRCO hooker? How well does it really work.

I have a hard time believing it goes in deep enough with out weight pushing down on it. Can you make sharp turns with it?

Thanks

DoetschOutdoor
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I was just thinking about the JRCO hooker today as well. Can we get some more info from the guy(s) that have used them??

humble1
02-12-2008, 07:33 PM
the way the fingers are curled forward on a rotation scoop down and pitch the dirt out, it depends on the subsoil, hard clay it wont penetrate like w/ loam. The heads are very heavy and they float independantly. You can make decent turns i happen to overlap 50% so its like i aerate 2 times, i aerate the edges of fences and the perimeter of the house w/ a walk behind. I have alot of lawns 2-4 acres so you would be in a virtual hell if you had to use a ryan or a bluebird on that kind of acreage. I run it w/ a bobcat ZTR however if i owned walker mowers i would go w/ the plugger pto drive my buddy put it right thru the deck on his trailer. The walker w/ plugger is the cats ass.

mrkosar
02-12-2008, 10:41 PM
what about turfco zero turn aerators? those look pretty good from the cd i got from them. obviously they are going to make it look that way. anyone have opinions on those?

Seacoast
02-14-2008, 07:19 AM
I bought a Turn Aer 6 last fall with the chariot. Definitely increased productivity. Trim out tight areas, then drop on the chariot and ride the rest. Well worth the $.
I also have used the walker/perfaerator and that thing does kick a$$ although it beats the hell out of you on rocky lawns, needs tons of grease on the cams, and is prone to breaking due to the forces on the unit.