PDA

View Full Version : Billy goat and Echo price

summitgroundskeeping
11-01-2001, 10:57 PM
I'm buying a Billy Goat Vac and small 24cc Echo blower tomorrow. The BG has a 5 hp Brigs on it, is 1 year old, and has about 3hrs on it(home owner had it). It isn't self propelled though. And I'm getting another Echo blower new 24cc. My dealer said he'd give it all to me for $675. Is that bad, good, fair, great?
Vac is in ex. cond.
blower is echo's biggest handheld

I love this dealer, alway low prices, helpful owners, FAST & GREAT service on repairs. It's just I can never trust any other business owner other than me.

TLS
11-02-2001, 12:18 AM
Any particular reason for preferring a handheld?

summitgroundskeeping
11-02-2001, 12:31 AM
back packs are 1000 times better if they are used a lot, but my blowers are only used to blow along the edges of driveways and side walks. Not used often. I don't blow lawns for leaf clean ups, unless small lawn, very small. Grind "mulch" leaves a few times, and then do a clean up. I make the most of my time, and make the most money I can this way. Works for my application, but maybe not for yours. Trust me, been hounded about this for ever, I don't need a back pack blower. It would be as practicle for me to buy a batwing mower. Is it a good deal?

TLS
11-02-2001, 12:42 AM
I see where your coming from, but every handheld I've ever used has made my hand and arm numb after 5 min use. Plus they are about 1/2 as powerfull. About 1/2 the cost. I dont use mine for much more than you, but this time of year, the backpack really backs up the big WB blowers nicely. Granted if all your blowing is a few feet of sidewalk, then yeah its the way to go.

Mowingman
11-02-2001, 02:00 PM
Yes, that's a good deal. I believe the BG vac costs that much, or more new.

summitgroundskeeping
11-02-2001, 11:57 PM
I went out and picked it all up today. Geez that stuff works great. For a tiny and quiet blower that thing has some balls. The vac work very very well. The only thing is it's motor. 5hp brigs quantum. Cheap. But it runs at 2500rpms. Since any motor would be under lots of strain b/c of the big fan, it is a bad idea for any motor to have high rpms. But it work very well, and stripes great:D . Some of the best purchases I've gotten. Just hope they hold up. For $706 after taxes, I don't think I could have done much better.