PDA

View Full Version : I need Yanmar B5 parts... please help...

mr77c
02-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm looking for a swing motor cover for a 1994
grey market Yanmar B5 excavator.
Does anyone have any contacts?
I found a whole swing motor, but they want $3500 for it.

Construct'O
02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
If it is just a cover and not part of the swing motor,then i would just go to a welding shop and have one made.There might be more to it ,but without a picture it's hard to tell.

There are a few salvage yards around that you might be able to pick up one.So what happened to the one that was on the machine by the way??? Good luck:usflag:

mr77c
02-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Hello,

The cover was welded already, and now it has a hairline crack on it.

Dirt Digger2
02-07-2008, 09:57 PM
contact Wengers in meyerstown...they have a good selection http://www.wengers.com/ of salvaged parts

Construct'O
02-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Looks like you sol !!!!!!!!! Unless you can find a used one off a salvage machine.

Might try a to goolge for gray market machines and see what you come up with.I usually get a small magazine that has lots of salvage places advertising in it ,but i threw it away as usual.

Where they have welded once would be hard to get it to hold,under pressure.It looks to be cast also,so that doesn't help.

Again good luck.:usflag:

MurphyHunt
04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
I also have Yanmar B5 with swing pump problem. The bushings wore out and gears cut into housing. Shop working on it lost parts, now I have to find replacement. I am checking Mexico, Canada and other countries where B5 was ok to import. Unable to find anyone here to sell any parts for one. Between the two of our pumps, maybe we can make one. I did find another pump, but was about 4 inches too long to fit... would have to cut hole through very thick steel ring to make it fit. Still looking. If you find anything let me know also. MurphyHunt @ aol.com