PDA

View Full Version : 'Content Link"?

irrig8r
02-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Are all of you seeing words in posts that are double-underlined and pop up to dialog bubble ads?

It's the most annoying ad scheme I've ever seen, but I'm really not sure if it's on the site or if it's some adware I picked up somewhere on my browser...

Are you seeing it too?

BTW, it's not just in the posts... it's forum topics too...

Mike M
02-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Greg,

I think you are halucinating. Too much time in front of the flat screen. ;)

irrig8r
02-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Oh yeah? I clicked on the question mark at the top of one of the bubbles and got taken to this message:

What is ContentLink™ ?
This link is a ContentLink™, powered by Kontera and provided on lawnsite.com

What is a ContentLink™?
A ContentLink™ is generated through a third-party technology owned and operated by Kontera. This link is placed within content, upon click the ContentLink™ will link the user to relevant commercial information and offers. ContentLink™ is relevant to the content of the page, the click is initiated by the user, it is simple to use, and above all helpful for the user who is interested in additional and relevant information and or offers.

A ContentLink™ is clearly distinguished by a unique underline ,a mouse-over "tool tip" layer, and is always clearly marked as "Advertisement". When the user places the mouse over a ContentLink™ , a "tool tip" layer opens with information about this specific commercial offer and link destination. Once the user reads this relevant information on the tool tip, and determines that it is of interest, clicking on the "tool tip" or on the ContentLink™ will direct the user to the relevant web page.
Web Publishers
Are you interested to add ContentLink™ to your site and generate additional revenue while providing your users true value?
Click here to contact us now.

Advertisers
Learn how ContentLink™ can help you meet your advertising objectives. Interested to advertise your products and services via ContentLink™?
Click here to contact our sales team.

Editorial integrity
ContentLink™ is added to the web page in real time, on top of the existing content. This occurs after the page was published by the web site. The list of keywords and their respective commercial information and destinations are selected by Kontera's automatic contextual analysis engine and cannot be influenced by any other company.

How should I use ContentLink™?
ContentLink™ is provided to you as additional relevant commercial information and offers that help you discover new products, services, and other helpful information.

You use ContentLink™ just like any other hyperlink:

1. See the special ContentLink™ distinguished by its special underline.
2. Mouse-over the ContentLink™, and read the tool tip information
3. If you find it interesting, click to directly link to that site.
4. If you do not find the information interesting, do nothing. The tool tip layer will close, and you can continue reading the page.

Do you have any additional questions or comments regarding ContentLink™? Your feedback is extremely important to us. Please use the feedback form in order to share your thoughts with us. Our intention is for ContentLink™ to be helpful for the user who is interested in additional and relevant information and or offers. However, if for any reason you would like to disable ContentLink™, please click here.

P3P-Services Authentication

Mike M
02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
How come you get and I don't? I want content link. Where do I get it?

irrig8r
02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
See?

I'm gonna disable the sucker... trust me... you don't want it.

Mike M
02-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Greg,

That's gotta be spyware stuff, like maybe the toolbar type.

Run a spyware program.

KS_Grasscutter
02-07-2008, 09:44 PM
I got it too... they are everywhere and it is really getting old.

seolatlanta
02-07-2008, 09:50 PM
I saw it too and it is really annoying...

irrig8r
02-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I saw it too and it is really annoying...

Click on the question mark in the upper right of the bubble and go to the page that contains the info I pasted above. At the bottom of the page is a link that tells you how to disable it.

irrig8r
02-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Greg,

That's gotta be spyware stuff, like maybe the toolbar type.

Run a spyware program.

This is friggin' hilarious! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pro-Scapes
02-07-2008, 10:00 PM
I was seeing it earlier but Dont see it now ?

irrig8r
02-07-2008, 10:15 PM
It was easy to disable. One of the annoying things was sometimes it would appear and other times I'd read a page or two and it wouldn't ..then scroll back up over a post and there it was... seems to play hide and seek...

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-08-2008, 07:15 AM
I have seen a few of these but have ignored them. never thought about clicking on them! Like most online ad formats, they are lost on me. I just dont 'see' them.