PDA

View Full Version : new england grows sucked

humble1
02-07-2008, 09:14 PM
I drove over an hour to go to the NE grows show and to my dissapointment the floor was not open till after 4pm. So i went to a couple of classes that i didnt want to go to. Lets face it i want to meet vendors. Thursday it snowed so that was a waste ,so that leaves me with one day to try and hit all the vendors. $50 for the ticket $10 for parking plus food and gas.
So i am pissed cause i could have hit the show one time, one long drive $3 for the toll on the tobin, gas, parking and my time, now i have to go back friday. If they pull this next year i wont go again.

boats47
02-08-2008, 10:56 AM
That is why we did not bother to go this year. Instead I went to the Umass winter turf lectures in Sturbridge and I thought it was pretty informative.

GrazerZ
02-08-2008, 05:52 PM
I was there for two days. I drove 2.5 hours each way stayed at hotels and came down with bronchitis while there. And I'm still glad I went. Learned alot at some of the classes, got credits for them and meet with some dist as well. Lets face it, its not the be all and end all, but in the middle of a new england winter like this one,I'll take it any day.

boats47
02-08-2008, 06:30 PM
March 3-6 is the Providence Turf grass show, I heard that was pretty good. I have alsways got stuck plowing or sanding so I miss it every year. This year I will be there, I let everyone know if it is worth the trip (I'll be ther the first day).

lawn king
02-08-2008, 06:43 PM
The show was smaller this year, less vendors.

TSM
02-08-2008, 11:47 PM
you got to skip these shows some times. if you attend every year it really gets to be old

I was at NE Grows today (fri) for a few hours (its only an hour drive for me)

Havent been to the Providence show (New England Regional Turfgrass Conference) in a few years was thinking about it this year. Mike Vrabel (New England Patriots) is the keynote speaker

http://www.nertf.org/show/keynote.shtml

AI Inc
02-09-2008, 07:32 AM
I saw the $50 price tag and called my distributer and told him that I need a guest pass. He had 1 waiting for me.Was ok , nothing great and nothing I would spend $50 on.

boats47
02-09-2008, 10:32 AM
TSM,
I know I should knock on wood, but my boss went up last year and said it was pretty good. Then again the Prov Boat Show is usually pretty good and this year it sucked and was waste of time. Either way I will be there, worse case I be at the bar across the street...an excellent selection of beer, I must say.