PDA

View Full Version : Read: about leaves

LAWNGODFATHER
11-02-2001, 01:26 AM
After seeing pics of leaf piles in the street, I remembered that I got nailed one time for putting them in the street.

You should all check with your city ordanences about blocking or taking up space on the roads. You could be fined or ticketed.

I think they should be piled at the curb, but not in the street. Just a thought.

Good luck:angel:

Premo Services
11-02-2001, 08:16 AM
:o I always try to keep the piles of leaves off the street, but the citys also say that the pile should be no more than 10 feet from the street. When there is a lot of leaves, most of the properties have the leaves in the street. I guess they don`t want all the turf dead from the leaves laying there until they get picked up.

MOW ED
11-02-2001, 08:17 AM
The city I live in says that they should be on the curb and not in the street but they don't come by for 3 to 4 weeks at a time. I maintain these lawns so I am not gonna "leave" them on the grass.

It would be impossible for the city to enforce the rule so I don't even worry about it.

fireball
11-02-2001, 09:05 AM
your right. Check the ordinances. Each one of our townships have different rules, and different ways of picking them up. Every year someone also loses their car by parking in the leaves, that hot catalytic converter will do it every time.

the point man
11-02-2001, 06:48 PM
Reminds me of the time I was first starting out, doing a residential
leaf job. I was depositing the leaves on the terrace between the
sidewalk and the street (the law) using nothing besides a little
brother, rakes and a tarp. Big shot professional lawn service,
working directly across the street with a Z, backpack blowers and
all the toys, were blowing the leaves directly into the street and
low and behold, right in front of my eyes, they got a big fat ticket
from the PD! I almost wet my pants.

LAWNGODFATHER
11-02-2001, 08:14 PM