PDA

View Full Version : John Deere

tthomass
02-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Any product they carry that I should steer clear of? I'm heading there tomorrow to crash course myself in lighting. I've installed a few systems but I did not pick out the material. I either worked for someone or helped out another contractor.

Lite4
02-07-2008, 11:46 PM
I shop through JDL here in my area. They primarily carry Vista, Unique, Nightscaping, Hadco, and a few others that I would have to look up. However, in my area Vista is the big dog. Mostly because no other reps even darken the door at either branch, so Vista has the run of the place. Its too bad, there are some really good manus out there missing a very big emerging market area. People would buy their products more if they spent the time to sell them.

Lite4
02-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Oh, to answer your question. No, they don't deal with cheap knock offs. At least not in my area. So you are pretty safe with all of their lines.

Pro-Scapes
02-08-2008, 07:54 AM
I dont shop mine. They seemed unknowledgeable and they were trying to tell me I needed to use what they had in stock if i wanted to do a great job.

Maybe yours is diff but I use a lighting dist

Lite4
02-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Billy, Yeah mine is not terribly knowledgeable either. They just bring in what I ask them too.

klkanders
02-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I also was not impressed with JDL. Seemed more interested in getting me to fill out and return a credit app then answering my questions about product. I purchased a Vista pond light and new rail light to check them out as my regular distributor doesnt carry Vista. They then screwed up that one invoice so I am done with them. They were not local to me anyway. I also find " lighting distributors " service my needs much better.

Go Halogen
02-08-2008, 08:56 PM
That is ashame. My local John Deere is pretty good. They get my orders in, help me out with 3 day air when I need things fast, and can get me samples when I need them for home shows. Every location is different, I guess.

I see it like this.....You need something, you want to buy it, things are not cheap, therefore.....service me well or I will go elsewhere. It is all about relationship and respect for one's time.

I rarely buy off of the shelf. I add so many twists to my orders that they rarely have it ready to go on the shelf. I do use a lot of Vista and that helps me because they ship to John Deere so rapidly and will customize my fixture.

Anyone else have a good John Deere near them?

-Andy

poiuy qwerty
02-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Any lighting distributors in the DFW area? I have had a hard time finding one. JDL, Ewing & Longhorn carry but not what I was looking for.

Lite4
02-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Let us know what you want, I am sure we can point you in the right direction.