PDA

View Full Version : Wes Sylvester

Wes Sylvester
02-07-2008, 11:22 PM
I have several commercial properties that are suffering from crabgrass. My question is...can I use Tupersan on a turf that is 2/3 fesque and 1/3 burmuda. If Tupersan would burn it what else could I safely try?

Whitey4
02-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Tupersan would be a very bad choice ... expensive, and it's really a cool season grass pre M that can be put down immediately following an overseeding of rye, blue and fescue, although it's safe for Zoysia from what I've read. Unless you are doing a spring overseeding, Tupersan is a bad and expensive choice. I think it kills bermuda.

I use pendi, but others have their preferences, and there are quite a few other options that are less selective, more effective and cheaper than Tupersan.

boats47
02-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Why not hit the properties with Drive? Once you wack the crabgrass with spray and a pre emergent you should be fine and you will get out of it on the cheap side. The only thing that will bone you is if the WX is cool enough that the crabgrass delayed in germination and your prem is ineffective.

RigglePLC
02-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Use Dimension--however--read the bag label carefully. Use the higher southern states rate. Better still, use the goose grass rate, just to be sure you don't have goosegrass. Then to be sure, apply it again in 6 weeks.

boats47
02-08-2008, 06:35 PM
I usally use the second highest rate for everyone, except those lawns that are really bad then I go with the highest. I also tried last year applying two rounds of dimension this last year and I did not see a difference in the amount of weeds. I am not sure I will bother doing that this comming year and will go back to one app of pre and fert the second app. Either way I still spent time spraying.
Anyone else apply two rounds of Dimension?