PDA

View Full Version : Walker muffler

Indiana
11-02-2001, 02:21 PM
My 94 Walker C muffler is blown out. A big chunk fell out the other day while mowing.

I was wondering if anybody has replaced their muffler with anything other than an original muffler.

I did a search but nothing came up but the welding a muffler thread. I don't want to do that. I need a new muffler.

A website I went on had a Super Quiet Muffler that would work but I would have to turn the exhaust line 90 degrees so it would work. I don't think I need to do that, don't want to screw something up on my machine.

Walker said they want $140 for the muffler. OUCH.

I think it's a $35 part, but let me know which way anybody has gone before. If I have to I will spend it.

captdevo
11-02-2001, 11:28 PM
that muffler #6013 is $90, exhaust pipe #6047 is $17

it wouldn't be hard to retrofit another outlet on an aftermarket one though.

what site did you find the superquiet?

email me with the page, and i'll take a look.

Dave

Indiana
11-12-2001, 08:37 PM
Hey captdevo,

I emailed that website to you a while back.

I would like to get this fixed but my Walker dealer is a jerk.

I don't know who makes this muffler for Walker. I could contact them personally to get it through them.

Let me know.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
11-13-2001, 09:49 PM
$140 sound s like it's in the ball park.. I replaced one on my 14 HP kawi on a W/B and it was $120 for the Kawi factory part muffler.. gotta do what u gotta do ??

General Grounds
11-13-2001, 11:22 PM
:blob3: hey guys just replacedd my 20hp walker muff also, it is a kohler stock #.T

captdevo
11-15-2001, 01:20 PM
Indiana,

sorry, it's been crazy around here...busy, busy....

the muffler at jacks for $35 isn't the one i emailed you about, i think it was $70 or so.

the one for $35 is only a screw in type with arrestor i think.

personally, i would spent the money for the Walker,

it's been there for 7+ years, that's not bad,

also, they are strong and have mounts for the original heat shield too