PDA

View Full Version : $230 a good deal for a Spyker?

slimart01
02-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Its a 70 series (110lb) stainless steal. I see a lot of talk about the 288 and would probably make that a future purchase.

Is 230 a good buy?

dmcenery
02-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Get the 288 super 120# hopper fron lesco/jd landscapes before April 1st. for $300.00. Spend the extra $70.00 and get a top of the line unit.

Dan

americanlawn
02-08-2008, 08:04 PM
dmcenery is right on. The Super 288 blows away all walk behind spreaders on the market. Make sure you also buy the border patrol (deflector shield) and the spreader cover.

pglover19
03-04-2008, 11:06 PM
dmcenery is right on. The Super 288 blows away all walk behind spreaders on the market. Make sure you also buy the border patrol (deflector shield) and the spreader cover.

I picked up the Spyker 288 spreader with the border patrol and spreader cover from John Deer Landscape today. It looks like I am missing a part on the border patrol based on the photo from the Spyker website. I have attached the border patrol on the left side of the spreader, but their seems to be a metal piece that is attached to the deflector. Can you please post a picture of the border patrol.

GreenCare Consulting
03-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Yes, there is a little metal arm on the border patrol that you can grab to flip the plastic shield up or down. This is also where the spring attaches to hold the border patrol up on mine.

http://www.spyker.com/SuperAccessories.html

The pic on the spyker website is a bit hard to see, but if you keep looking you can see how it works.

GC

pglover19
03-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Yes, there is a little metal arm on the border patrol that you can grab to flip the plastic shield up or down. This is also where the spring attaches to hold the border patrol up on mine.

http://www.spyker.com/SuperAccessories.html

The pic on the spyker website is a bit hard to see, but if you keep looking you can see how it works.

GC

Where are you located in Virginia?