PDA

View Full Version : Kohler serial # missing

Lawn Tech LLC
02-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I have a Kohler 25 hp in a Grasshopper 225 and need the serial # to order a rebuild kit. The problem is that the info sticker is gone. I understand that the block has #'s stamped into it but I cannot find them. Anyone know where they are on the block?

Thanks,

LT

lucforce
02-09-2008, 10:08 PM
A rebuild kit for what, specifically? You are not going to find a serial number on the block. What you can do is find out what MODEL engine would have been on the equipment from the manufacturer (of the equipment). Once that sticker is gone, the serial number is also unless you recorded it somewhere previously, such as on a warranty card.

Lawn Tech LLC
02-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the info. We need the cylinder head kits and the engine is the Kohler command pro 25 either the CV25 or CV730.

sawman65
02-12-2008, 11:51 AM
go to kohler.com click on parts look up there are three kits i think you will need to do it right

themowerman
02-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Sometimes if you are lucky.....when the silver sticker that holds the engine numbers goes south, you can retrieve the numbers with a black light. Don't laugh.....I had a Kohler that the silver tag disappeared and I called Kohler up and they told me that for some reason the ink from the decal will sometimes leave a ghost image on the engine and with a black light you might be able to see the numbers. It has worked a few times for me and not a few time.....give it a try.

Lawn Tech LLC
02-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Thats just strange enough to work. Thanks

LT

Two Seasons
02-13-2008, 02:00 AM
Or call Grasshopper and give them your mower model and serial. They should be able to tell you the serial number of the Kohler engine they installed.

sawman65
02-13-2008, 12:45 PM
go here

http://www.kohlerplus.com/main_frame.asp

should find all you need and the part #'s

Lawn Tech LLC
02-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks guys.

LT

Zooropa93
03-01-2008, 11:08 PM
I've found that some vendors do not maintain good records of what engine spec numbers and such they used. I also think it's about time Kohler, Kawasaki, and every other engine manufacturer gets off their lazy cheap a** and starts stamping/engraving the model, spec, and serial into the block. That should be mandatory for all engine manufacturers. Specifically on the block, so you don't end up with issues like on some older Briggs engines with the numbers on the fan housing so when you buy a new complete rewind you lose your numbers.