PDA

View Full Version : Another soap box rant

Gravel Rat
02-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Talking to one of the guys I worked with the other day and we talked about the excavation biz. The contractor I worked for has fixed everything up the equipment I used to fight with has been repaired. Other things have changed.

Isn't the way I quit because I couldn't take dealing with the equipment break downs and the other BS. I was the only mechanic plus did everything else. Now the company hired a outside mechanic and repaired everything and does the regular repairs.

Oh well. I'am probably better off with the job I have now I go to work put in my 7.5 hours and go home. I would have still been working for the company if things were the same as they are today.

Dirt Digger2
02-09-2008, 09:12 PM
so you probably had all the overtime you ever wanted and you quit?

Construct'O
02-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Okay sorry ! Only two rants a year allowed on this forum:) and you have already used your two up for 2008.So your have to want another year now :laugh:!!!!!!!! :usflag:

Gravel Rat
02-09-2008, 09:45 PM
The contractor didn't pay over-time and if you were lucky you got a lunch break. I stopped to eat if the company liked it or not. Somedays the only thing I had was a can of pop.

My current job the company complains if we get overtime and if you do put in overtime they ask why.

bobcat_ron
02-09-2008, 09:51 PM
That sounds like Unionized Municipal work!

RockSet N' Grade
02-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Constructo......I get it :) and I like it.......still pretty sly for an old fart

Gravel Rat
02-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Nope non union :canadaflag:

My current job is union :cry:

Not a believer in unions they cover the azz of people that should have been fired a long time ago. This is my first union and will be my only union I belong too.