PDA

View Full Version : more advice than question

lsu03
02-09-2008, 10:24 PM
i turn 16 at the end of the summer, and i really want my dad's old 99 f250 ext cab truck he uses on the farm. my mom drives about 35 minutes to work in an expedition though so it gets bad gas mileage. she is considering getting me a toyota or honda or something that she can use to go to work and i can use the suv to get to school. i dont want to make my parents mad by not liking the vehicle they will supply for me but i really want a truck. any suggestions? i think a truck would also help once i could drive to start cutting out of the subdivision.

zak406
02-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Look kid if you parents are nice enough to offer you a vehicle, you better be damn sure to take what you can get. Or work for your own, you have no idea how happy and how easy it would ahve been for me if my parents supplied me a car of any type.

barefeetny
02-10-2008, 01:07 AM
i wish i would have gotten a car

my first ride was a 78 chevy big 10 with a completly rotted body

i sucked a floormat out at 60 once, rockers gone... i got wet when it rained

it leaked oil

had a leak at the y pipe

tune dial radio

stuck tailgate

it got 9 miles to the gallon

i paid for the truck, my own ins and gas....

take what you can get and just be happy.... or make some money and buy a truck

lsu03
02-10-2008, 08:55 AM
thanks. i would really honestly appreciate it if i got a car. i might ask since my dads truck gets 1/2 as good gas mileage if i can just pay for 1/2 the gas.

topsites
02-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Weeeeell have you heard that saying about beggars can't be choosy?

Then comes the parental talk, it goes something like this ... "you got your WHOLE life in front of you and back in my days we had to walk to school barefoot in the snow up hill both ways etc etc...oh yeah and wolves and bears would chase us and we had to eat what we could find in the garbage cans for food because coyotes would eat our lunch while the lions were fighting with the bears and us trying to get out the way we'd get lost so it would take 8 hours longer just to get home etc etc...then we still had to cook supper and do the laundry and take care of all the chores it would be late at night we'd hardly have time to do our homework off to bed no TV and so tired we'd almost oversleep in the morning but we didn't dare cuz the cows had to be milked at 5am etc etc..."

But seriously, I'd take whatever they're willing to give you, my attitude.

lsu03
02-11-2008, 09:57 PM
actually the uphill both ways always cracks me up when my grandparents and uncles joke w/ me about it but yes i've heard all that. thanks.