PDA

View Full Version : Pre-emergence advice/help

greeninga
02-10-2008, 12:06 PM
I maintain a ball field that I put pre-emergence down three (3) times a year, once in february, april, and september. Does that sound about right? There are still some weeds in it now but too many. Should I throw in another application of pre- emergence another time in the year, if so when? Thanks for any info.

boats47
02-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Are you sure you are not exceeding any total active per 1000/yr? It seems to be a bit much to me. I would keep to 2x season, once in the spring and once late fall or 2x in the spring. Then break out the sprayer to smoke anything left over, it might be cheaper and more effective for you.

greeninga
02-10-2008, 01:10 PM
I thought that pre-emergence only works for about a three (3) month period. That's why I was saying to myself I should put out another application in there, but should check first.

Midstate Lawncare
02-10-2008, 02:14 PM
why not post-emergent in june? maybe do your first app in march, then june then september.... 12 weeks apart. Try changing up the chemical used too. or maybe change from granular to liquid.

JoeinJasper
02-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Read and follow label directions. Some products last 3 months, some up to 6 months. The label will also give you the maximum active ingredient per acre per year. Joe