PDA

View Full Version : Installing windscreen

Stafford Landscaping
02-10-2008, 11:35 AM
I have got to install some windscreen at a county park baseball field and I have never done this before I don't think that it will be that hard, but I thought that I would use some plastic ties (zip ties) But I thought some of you had done this before and may know some secrets. Any tips would be appreciated.

jmoore16135
02-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Zip ties will work fine, but use higher quality ties, stay away from the ones at home depot, or you will be back out there after a couple of months.

NHSSoc08
02-10-2008, 07:58 PM
I know back at the school district I used to work for in Southeast Texas we would use the zip ties that had wind ratings so that it would snap the zip ties and not blow the fence down....only problem with that method was that once there was a real strong wind we would be out there redoing it...so I guess depends on the amount of wind ya'll get

packey
02-10-2008, 11:19 PM
you can find zip ties that have a metal reinforcement this is what we would use. You will need extra because the will break after a couple of months. also use every grommet whole their is the more ties you have on the better.

Trim Creations
02-16-2008, 06:12 PM
I put one up and used bungee balls They are bungee cords with a ball at one end. They will last a lot longer because they stretch and have some give on those windy days

Tim