PDA

View Full Version : Pro 300 WB

casey
11-03-2001, 07:36 PM
Does the 36" Pro 300 WB come standard with the 18hp Robin?
What exactly are "fingertip controls"? Is this an option to pistols?
Thought I read something about a double blade bracket & a kit for long turf being avail. for the 36WB but don't see it on website. The dealer that used to carry Gravely, WE Enterprises, in my area has gone Exmark. Are there dealers in Southern Ontario, preferably Toronto, where I can look at a unit?
Thanks.

Eng Mwr Guy
11-03-2001, 11:51 PM
The 36 Hydro will come with the 15HP Kawasaki twin...this is a new engine.

Fingertip controls.....fancy marketing speak that denotes pistol grips.

I can say we have had lots of comments how smoothe and light the controls feel.

Double blade kits and Bahia/tall grass baffles are available too for 2002 model year. The double blade kits include the dradle to help lock the blades together.

When I am in the office on Monday I will get you directly in touch with someone who can help you out.

If you are going to the GIE show in Tampa we are giving away a hydro.

For what it's worth we are coming out with a 32 deck gear drive.

Thank you for asking.

Barry
Gravely Guy

casey
11-04-2001, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Eng Mwr Guy
The 36 Hydro will come with the 15HP Kawasaki twin...this is a new engine.
Double blade kits and Bahia/tall grass baffles are available too for 2002 model year. The double blade kits include the dradle to help lock the blades together.

A new engine to who? Gravely? I have one on a 2001 unit or has it changed?

Will the double blade kit keep the lower blade above the lip of the deck?

How exactly do the tall grass baffles work? Is it similar to a Toro SFS set-up?

We cut alot of thick turf & use doubles in the fall. Sounds like this machine may adress some of our needs.
Thanks.

Eng Mwr Guy
11-04-2001, 10:51 PM
The 15HP is a new engine for Kawasaki for anyone using the 15HP in the near future. The "old" 15HP Kawa will be going obsolete in 1-2 years.

The doubles we have are "legal" from an ANSI standpoint. It passes the foot probe test, thrown objects et.al.. The mower is built for you within the ANSI standards for commercial mowers.

The Bahia/Tall grass baffles allow the grass to stand up a bit prior to cutting. I am not personally familiar with the exact details of the sfs deck.

Barry

casey
11-05-2001, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the replies Barry,
Does the long grass kit provide a non-baffled front section of the deck for clean dispersal of long turf, thereby preventing clumping in heavy & wet conditions? Or if I understand you correctly are you adding or modifying baffles to increase upward airflow? I am looking for a deck that can effectively dispearse heavy, & or wet growth.

Eng Mwr Guy
11-05-2001, 09:47 AM
If it were me, my first attempt at the tall stuff would be to remove the front baffles and see how this works.

If this is unacceptable then I would put the Bahia baffles in which are shorter than the normal baffles.

To be honest I have yet to see our new decks clump in any condition. With normal baffles to boot. I am sure someone in some conditions will prove me wrong...... just haven't seen it yet.

Our new decks on the WB's should do the trick...will it for sure???...maybe, maybe not. You will need to demo a unit to make sure it makes you happy.

I have contacted our Canadian Sales Manager to help me help you.

Barry

Eng Mwr Guy
11-05-2001, 04:28 PM
Wilton Lawn Equip
2989 Bathurst St
416-783-6161

4WD Equipment Ctr
225 Nugget Ave
416 - 321 - 0660

Gravely.com can locate more if you need it....the new mowers should be available to the dealer in February.

Barry

KDJ
11-05-2001, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eng Mwr Guy
[B]The 36 Hydro will come with the 15HP Kawasaki twin...this is a new engine.

If you are going to the GIE show in Tampa we are giving away a hydro.

What is this GIE show? Please give me more information.
Thank You

Eng Mwr Guy
11-05-2001, 08:20 PM
Green Indusrty Expo

Commercial Equipment is the primary focus.

Here is the website:

http://www.gieonline.com/

I believe one day is dedicated to outdoor demo's of manufacturer equipment.

Barry

casey
11-05-2001, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the info Barry,
Two more & then I'll bother your Toronto associates.
Will the double blade bracket hold any blades ie. a standard mulcher on bottom & gator on top. The reason I asked if the lower blade would sit below deck lip was not a safety concern but if the standard mulcher is well above the deck lip, blowout should be greatly reduced.
Also what changes has Kaw made with their new twin 15hp.
Thanks. (one of those dealers is close)

Eng Mwr Guy
11-06-2001, 09:04 AM
Yes. Any 2.5 wide 5/8 bolt hole type blade would fit.

The blades in no way sit below the deck lip....this would not be ANSI compliant. They are at least .125 above the lip.

The Kawasaki changes are more for Kawasaki than any of us. They are going to a standard block for both the new 13HP twin and the 15HP. I am sure this is for manufacturing efficiencies than for anything else. In the end this should give all of us a better engine due to a lot more units being sold.

Barry

Richard Martin
11-06-2001, 09:24 AM
Well dang Barry, you're not going to use proprietary blades that only fit Gravelys anymore? One more reason for people to look at the new, much improved Gravelys this spring! They will have a much larger selection of blades to pick from to match their cutting conditions just right.

Eng Mwr Guy
11-06-2001, 09:30 AM
I believe Gravely WB's are now unique in ways that matter to you.

Being unique and making your work-lives difficult is not a good place to be.

Good to hear from you Richard. Hope all is well with you & yours.

Barry