PDA

View Full Version : Cat 305cr And Bobcat 337 Prices!

mrsops
02-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey Guys I Got The Chance To Demo Both Of Them Out Finally Got Some Quotes After Going Back And Fourth With Both Dealers

Cat Wants 61,000 For There Machine. Comes With Heat And Ac.radio,back Up Alarm And Horn.

Bobcat Wants 56,000. Comes With Heat And Ac, Keyless Ignition,horn, No Radio Or Back Up Alarm.

bobcat_ron
02-10-2008, 04:46 PM
That's not too far off of a deal, even if it's an apples to oranges/tail swing to near zero tail swing. Cat would be the better deal, resale would still be higher in 2 years and the Cat's pins and bushings would still be tight after 2 years (depending on how much of a grease nut you are)

Cat would move more material with a 42" clean up and most likely it will be cheaper on fuel.

mrsops
02-10-2008, 04:53 PM
yeah ron there both real good machines tommorow ill acually be putting them up side by side and have 2 operators or myself in one and we will be digging side by side doing alot of diff stuff.. cat is basically saying there trying to break all the white in my yard lol so they gave a good price and there saying they will try and come down a little more to come even closer to bobcats price... butttttt bobcat is giving me a 2000 hr bumper to bumprer warranty and a 3 year powertrain.. cat is not

bobcat_ron
02-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Cat's don't need the extra warranty, but don't make a decision until you try a Komatsu PC50, they have 2 boom options, swing boom OR conventional side boom with parallel offset, that is really nice for loading trucks.

mrsops
02-10-2008, 05:14 PM
yeah i heard about it but the bobcat and cat dealers are real close so im just going to stick with one of them. im happy with the performance of both

ksss
02-10-2008, 06:38 PM
What about thumb and Quick Coupler? How do the two compare in bucket breakout and lift capacity? CAT does not need warranty? Your kidding right? Sounds like BC is willing to stand behind their machine. The zero tail would be my option but I guess your used to conv. tailed machines. If you have a TK a dealer in your area I would compare the TB153 to these two machines.

mrsops
02-10-2008, 06:46 PM
What about thumb and Quick Coupler? How do the two compare in bucket breakout and lift capacity? CAT does not need warranty? Your kidding right? Sounds like BC is willing to stand behind their machine. The zero tail would be my option but I guess your used to conv. tailed machines. If you have a TK a dealer in your area I would compare the TB153 to these two machines.

they both have quick coupler ksss. they dont have thumbs im acually trying to see if one of them will throw it in on the deal. cat has more break out force and lift. cat is giving me the 1 year warranty bumper to bumper bobcat is giving me 2 years bumper to bumper which is great!! bobcat is standing behind there machine all the way and it is a very nice machine. i really like the zero tail as well

ksss
02-10-2008, 06:53 PM
they both have quick coupler ksss. they dont have thumbs im acually trying to see if one of them will throw it in on the deal. cat has more break out force and lift. cat is giving me the 1 year warranty bumper to bumper bobcat is giving me 2 years bumper to bumper which is great!! bobcat is standing behind there machine all the way and it is a very nice machine. i really like the zero tail as well

I had a quote on a 305C CR loaded with thumb and coupler and angle blade, and four buckets 12' 24' 30', 50 inch clean out. I cant remember exactly what the number was and I think I threw away the quote but it was like 67K if I remember right. If the CAT specs better, is zero tail, and you get negeotiate the thumb and a matching bumper to bumper warranty it would be hard not to go that way. Although I doubt they will go that far. They would not do that here.

mrsops
02-10-2008, 06:57 PM
I had a quote on a 305C CR loaded with thumb and coupler and angle blade. I cant remember exactly what the number was and I think I threw away the quote but it was like 67K if I remember right. If the CAT specs better, is zero tail, and you get negeotiate the thumb and a matching bumper to bumper warranty it would be hard not to go that way. Although I doubt they will go that far. They would not do that here.

there not matching the warranty which makes me wonder, but i do think they will throw in the thumb to get me to close to the deal. i dont think my bobcat salesman is going to throw the thumb in. hard choice to make do you have any ideas on what i can tell these guys ksss?

qps
02-10-2008, 07:10 PM
there not matching the warranty which makes me wonder, but i do think they will throw in the thumb to get me to close to the deal. i dont think my bobcat salesman is going to throw the thumb in. hard choice to make do you have any ideas on what i can tell these guys ksss?

I talked to a heavy equipment cat salesman last week and talked about extended warranties, he push's extended on dozer but not on excavators, claims there a waste of money...now if your the guy that breaks it's a different story, but my take is that on a catastrophic failure, they would stand behind it anyways, not chiseled in stone but unless its obivious abuse I would hope any of the big companies would stand behind there equipment( within a reasonable amount of time)...I don't argue that a warranty in hand wouldn't be nice but not a deal breaker if I liked the machine...

mrsops
02-10-2008, 07:12 PM
bobcat is just giving a much better deal then cat.

bobcat_ron
02-10-2008, 07:21 PM
That's because they know damn well that they can't compete with anything else so they drop their price a little more just to get a few more eyebrows to perk up, I have had now 3 "special financing" offers through Bobcat delivered to me in 1 year now. That suggests they are losing money and now they took on the Kioti Tractor line, that tells me people are not buying from them anymore.

mrsops
02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
That's because they know damn well that they can't compete with anything else so they drop their price a little more just to get a few more eyebrows to perk up, I have had now 3 "special financing" offers through Bobcat delivered to me in 1 year now. That suggests they are losing money and now they took on the Kioti Tractor line, that tells me people are not buying from them anymore.

ron i dont think thats the case at all what are they droping in?? i think there giving you more for your money with 0% at 42, and 2years bumper to bumper on the warranty there standing by there machine all the way to the end. i dont know whats going on by you but over here people are jumping all over the 334,435, and 337 excavators

cat2
02-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Bobcat just knows that there machine will hold up, and since you bought so many things from them they better give you a good deal

mrsops
02-10-2008, 07:28 PM
yes cat2 there giving me a better deal then the average joe, and there standing behind that 337 all the way to the end, i own 2 bobcat excavators and there really a good machine

ksss
02-10-2008, 07:35 PM

If it were me I would wait until you have run both machines to decide. After the demo you might have a different opinion of one or the other. Once you have run them (and of course run them hard) things might clear themselves up. Assuming that after the demo, the two are a horse a piece, I would get CAT to throw in the thumb, extended warranty and buy it. If they balk I would back out of the warranty first but like qps said excavators are not problematic at such low hours and it is unlikely they would have to pay out on that warranty. The reason I would go that way is I am a numbers guy, and if the CAT will out lift it, out dig it (based on better breakout and crowd force), also the zero tail is a must have for me. I would go CAT in this case. I looked into the CAT mini ex trade values and there is no CAT advantage there, so that would be a zero factor for me.

You obviously are a BC guy and the brand loyalty thing can be hard to walk away from. You are BC equipment intensive and you would like to think that BC will be there for you even if you buy a CAT but you would know that better than anyone else would. It is something to think about. I look forward to hearing what your opinions are after the demo. Be sure they both have equal sized buckets so that things are as equal as they can be.

cat2
02-10-2008, 07:38 PM
If i were you. i would get bobcat, because 2 year bumper to bumper, and you have many bobcat machines and you know that they are good, and hold up well. Demo them and see what happens.i know bobcat_ron is going to hate me for this

bobcat_ron
02-10-2008, 07:41 PM
If mrsops bought a Cat, I'd send him some free Cat merchandise even his sales rep couldn't get him, I got me a real sweet ass watch that isn't even on the Cat Merchandise site.

cat2
02-10-2008, 07:43 PM
If mrsops bought a Cat, I'd send him some free Cat merchandise even his sales rep couldn't get him, I got me a real sweet ass watch that isn't even on the Cat Merchandise site.

will you do the same for me if i buy cat skid steer?

qps
02-10-2008, 07:52 PM
If it were me I would wait until you have run both machines to decide. After the demo you might have a different opinion of one or the other. Once you have run them (and of course run them hard) things might clear themselves up. Assuming that after the demo, the two are a horse a piece, I would get CAT to throw in the thumb, extended warranty and buy it. If they balk I would back out of the warranty first but like qps said excavators are not problematic at such low hours and it is unlikely they would have to pay out on that warranty. The reason I would go that way is I am a numbers guy, and if the CAT will out lift it, out dig it (based on better breakout and crowd force), also the zero tail is a must have for me. I would go CAT in this case. I looked into the CAT mini ex trade values and there is no CAT advantage there, so that would be a zero factor for me.

You obviously are a BC guy and the brand loyalty thing can be hard to walk away from. You are BC equipment intensive and you would like to think that BC will be there for you even if you buy a CAT but you would know that better than anyone else would. It is something to think about. I look forward to hearing what your opinions are after the demo. Be sure they both have equal sized buckets so that things are as equal as they can be.

As always..the voice of reason...:drinkup:...good luck....

mrsops
02-10-2008, 07:57 PM
thanks guys for the help im going to have them going at it tommorow see which machine is better.. if cat can match what bobcat is giving me i may go that way but i dont think they can plus bobcat is giving me a good deal on the s100 when i decide to pull the trigger..

RockSet N' Grade
02-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Lordy, lordy........don't ya just hate reason sometimes? :) Then again, if I had listened to reason some time ago, I would be $40k ahead and have a new machine instead of an "old" machine that is completely restored to showroom finish. Then again, if I had listened to reason why would I have chosen equipment as a livlihood? Go figure.....

qps
02-10-2008, 08:03 PM
thanks guys for the help im going to have them going at it tommorow see which machine is better.. if cat can match what bobcat is giving me i may go that way but i dont think they can plus bobcat is giving me a good deal on the s100 when i decide to pull the trigger..

Did you get the mailer in your region on the excavator discounts offered??? I want to say it was 4500 off, I got it and the 0 for 48 offer...you may be surprised the willingness to get you out of the doosan....ugh I mean IR...or Bobcat machine:drinkup:

mrsops
02-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Did you get the mailer in your region on the excavator discounts offered??? I want to say it was 4500 off, I got it and the 0 for 48 offer...you may be surprised the willingness to get you out of the doosan....ugh I mean IR...or Bobcat machine:drinkup:

i got 0% for 42 and the $4000 rebate thats what the special was. doocat it may be called soon :rolleyes:

qps
02-10-2008, 08:28 PM
i got 0% for 42 and the $4000 rebate thats what the special was. doocat it may be called soon :rolleyes:
0 for 42..thats what I meant.....if you look on CASE website they have some great offers on 07 equipment....:walking:...don't tell KSSS I was looking on the power tan website...

kreft
02-10-2008, 08:36 PM
So if you get the cat you will mess up the company colors...lol

ksss
02-10-2008, 08:37 PM
0 for 42..thats what I meant.....if you look on CASE website they have some great offers on 07 equipment....:walking:...don't tell KSSS I was looking on the power tan website...

You might want to update your spyware blocker. I already knew. :cool2: (like a guy that just learned to post pictures on this forum could do such a thing).:dizzy:

mrsops
02-10-2008, 08:39 PM
kreft your right yellow would mess up the company colors lol

bobcat_ron
02-10-2008, 08:54 PM
will you do the same for me if i buy cat skid steer?

Hell no, mrsops is obviously a tough sell, he's hell bent on Bobcat white and red!

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=bobcat_ron;2145831]Hell no, mrsops is obviously a tough sell, he's hell bent on Bobcat white and red![/QUOTE

im a tough sell even when im dealing with bobcat :hammerhead:
ron last time i checked they were white and orange

cat2
02-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Hell no, mrsops is obviously a tough sell, he's hell bent on Bobcat white and red!

Thats ok ,because i would never have a cat. The dealer is 75 miles away. And cat seems to be over priced. And its bobcat white and orange not red LOL

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:07 PM
cat2 your a bobcat guy with skid steers just like me i feel they make a great skid steer

cat2
02-10-2008, 09:12 PM
cat2 your a bobcat guy with skid steers just like me i feel they make a great skid steer

Yes i feel they make a great skid steer. I have seen bobcats that had the crap beat out of them and they are still running strong. I can not see how any other brand of skid steer will outlast bobcat. yes there are things about bobcat that they could improve.

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Yes i feel they make a great skid steer. I have seen bobcats that had the crap beat out of them and they are still running strong. I can not see how any other brand of skid steer will outlast bobcat. yes there are things about bobcat that they could improve.

same here ive seen plenty of older bobcats still holding up. yes they can improve on some things but not much. i have demoed cats,deere,asv, i know people that own gehl and case they all say the same thing bobcat is better then them all

ksss
02-10-2008, 09:20 PM

I don't agree with that either. I get rebate offers from CAT on their compact equipment from time to time. Does that mean CAT is losing money? BC maybe trying to reduce inventory of current machines to release new machines. Dooson has a mini already so they might replace the BC with theirs or mix the two who knows. However it does not immediately mean they are losing money on them.

There is money in those little tractors and adding the line is a way of diversifying. BC had done that with the EarthForce line of mini TLB's which didn't go over real well. The one thing about the BC of old they were not afraid to roll the dice (all wheel steer SSL, Tool Cat). It will be interesting to see if they continue that trend.

After I say that, it used to be common place to see a BC mini ex out in the field. I honestly cant remember the last time I saw a newer BC mini in the field. The competetion has eaten into an area that used to be owned by BC. The extended warranty may be a way of trying to build back confidence in their mini ex which has taken a beating in the last 5 years. TK gave me a 2 year warranty on my first TB53 and I never got any use out of it. There usually isn't much to go wrong, seldom do they see a lot hours per year. CAT should throw it in just to show that they can match the BC warranty, knowing that it is unlikely to cost them anything.

cat2
02-10-2008, 09:20 PM
You do know that i have a john deere too

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:23 PM
You do know that i have a john deere too

you like your deere or bobcat better?

cat2
02-10-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't agree with that either. I get rebate offers from CAT on their compact equipment from time to time. Does that mean CAT is losing money? BC maybe trying to reduce inventory of current machines to release new machines. Dooson has a mini already so they might replace the BC with theirs or mix the two who knows. However it does not immediately mean they are losing money on them.

There is money in those little tractors and adding the line is a way of diversifying. BC had done that with the EarthForce line of mini TLB's which didn't go over real well. The one thing about the BC of old they were not afraid to roll the dice (all wheel steer SSL, Tool Cat). It will be interesting to see if they continue that trend.

After I say that, it used to be common place to see a BC mini ex out in the field. I honestly cant remember the last time I saw a newer BC mini in the field. The competetion has eaten into an area that used to be owned by BC. The extended warranty may be a way of trying to build back confidence in their mini ex which has taken a beating in the last 5 years. TK gave me a 2 year warranty on my first TB53 and I never got any use out of it. There usually isn't much to go wrong, seldom do they see a lot hours per year. CAT should throw it in just to show that they can match the BC warranty, knowing that it is unlikely to cost them anything.

i get rebates from cat too. i just throw them out. they are useless to me. but its good to get them just to see what they are offering

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:25 PM

i dont think there losing money either its very funny over here near me all you see is either bobcat or cat mini excavators very funny

qps
02-10-2008, 09:26 PM

ding....ding....now in this corner:hammerhead:

cat2
02-10-2008, 09:27 PM

I like the bobcat better, but the deere has been very good

cat2
02-10-2008, 09:28 PM
ding....ding....now in this corner:hammerhead:

LMAO:laugh::laugh:

bobcat_ron
02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
So that "red" color is actually "orange"?!?!?!? WTF!!!

But on another note, our local newspaper had an article in it about our local Bobcat dealer's new line of Compact tractors and they went on and on and on about them, the last paragraph in the article read- "The last time Melore introduced a new line of compact equipment was in the early 1980's......" Funny thing, how history repeats itself, that was during the "recession" that we are now apparently heading towards, and now IR/DooCat is doing it again, lowering prices, finance rates, getting rid of old stock, rebates and a new line of equipment, kinda scary, like seeing all the birds flying away right before a really big storm. :laugh:

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:31 PM
ron are you color blind? maybe your t190 was a lemon if it had a red door lol

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:33 PM
I like the bobcat better, but the deere has been very good

when i had deere a few of my guys liked them better then bobcat for one reason little more power but when we had to grade or be in tight areas where visability ment alot we all jumped in the bobcat.. bobcat also held up better

bobcat_ron
02-10-2008, 09:35 PM
ron are you color blind? maybe your t190 was a lemon if it had a red door lol

No, it was red, 2003 model, even when I gave the rear door a paint job the can read "red".

Mind you nowadays there are like a kajillion shades of white and even more shades to represent black, so who knows.

cat2
02-10-2008, 09:36 PM
i know i said i liked deere better, but once i drove the bobcat i liked that, then i drove the deere a few days ago. i was like get me out. The deere has around 1,500 hours on it. So far the wheel bearing went out, little oil leak, and the alternator. The service has been great. The john deere has more power and will lift more and is more stable, but when i'm in it, it just doesn't "feel" right. It does have a smoother ride though. Its not a bad machine. I just like the bobcat better. The john deere is harder on fuel. But the john deere you can change the oil every 500 hours instead of bobcat 250. Well since i said good things about the john deere its time for good things about bobcat. It has a bigger fuel tank which is nicer and it goes faster. i just have the single speed. And you can see all four wheels with the bucket down. And you can grease all of the fitting with out rasing the bucket tilting it forward getting out and greasing them like you have to do on the john deere. Now my help on the other hand likes the john deere better. go figure.

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:41 PM
i know i said i liked deere better, but once i drove the bobcat i liked that, then i drove the deere a few days ago. i was like get me out. The deere has around 1,500 hours on it. So far the wheel bearing went out, little oil leak, and the alternator. The service has been great. The john deere has more power and will lift more and is more stable, but when i'm in it, it just doesn't "feel" right. It does have a smoother ride though. Its not a bad machine. I just like the bobcat better. The john deere is harder on fuel. But the john deere you can change the oil every 500 hours instead of bobcat 250. Well since i said good things about the john deere its time for good things about bobcat. It has a bigger fuel tank which is nicer and it goes faster. i just have the single speed. And you can see all four wheels with the bucket down. And you can grease all of the fitting with out rasing the bucket tilting it forward getting out and greasing them like you have to do on the john deere. Now my help on the other hand likes the john deere better. go figure.

what model bobcat do you have s220?

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:42 PM
No, it was red, 2003 model, even when I gave the rear door a paint job the can read "red".

Mind you nowadays there are like a kajillion shades of white and even more shades to represent black, so who knows.

ron how long did you like your t-190 for? and why did you start to hate it:usflag:

cat2
02-10-2008, 09:43 PM
what model bobcat do you have s220?

no, too big for what i do. I have the s-160. i had a 753 before that. The s-160 is a very big improvement

cat2
02-10-2008, 09:44 PM
ron how long did you like your t-190 for? and why did you start to hate it:usflag:

he had to many problems with it

bobcat_ron
If you want an honest opinion of a Cat mini, ask scag48, I read a thread on his new 303CR.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=107101

mrsops
i like the s160 it has more hp then the s175

cat2
02-10-2008, 09:48 PM
i like the s160 it has more hp then the s175

i was going to get the s175 but seen it only had 46 hp. i said no i want the 160.

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:50 PM
If you want an honest opinion of a Cat mini, ask scag48, I read a thread on his new 303CR.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=107101

yeah i read that i really like the cat 305 i think its a real nice machine.. what did you have go wrong with your t190 ron

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:51 PM
i was going to get the s175 but seen it only had 46 hp. i said no i want the 160.

yeah i had the s185 then i upgraded to the s205 which is a great machine has power to

bobcat_ron
02-10-2008, 09:52 PM

I started to hate it 2 years after I bought it, the biggest oil leak I ever had, cost me $1800 in repairs and 6 hours of downtime and I got soaked for overtime service call. A stupid hydraulic line burst off the pump while I was hammering with "Big Betty" and the hose took out the alternator belt and left me dead in the water inside of a barn. Bobcat's just can't handle high pressures, their hoses are rated for 3300 PSI, and Cat's are pressure tested (not rated, big difference) for 4000 PSI and beyond, not too mention that they have an actual warning indicator that alerts you when the hydraulic oil level is below normal, Bobcat just doesn't have that.
Even after I was back up and running, the hose was just a band-aid, the real hose had to be back ordered, which was going to be even more money and it needed to be brought in a second time, and I ended up getting the job done at 2 am in the morning, instead of 6 pm that evening, trust me, there are alot more horror stories if you want more, that was just the big one, I should tell you people about the first 3 problems in the first year, that was nasty.

ksss
02-10-2008, 09:53 PM
same here ive seen plenty of older bobcats still holding up. yes they can improve on some things but not much. i have demoed cats,deere,asv, i know people that own gehl and case they all say the same thing bobcat is better then them all

I think it is more a matter of perspective and intended use. Bobcats machines do some things well and if your application fits that your probably happy. We use ours skid steers (particularily the big ones 95XT and 465 machines) for production dirt moving. I have yet to run a Bobcat that was as productive (I have yet to run the 330). The 465 runs with the 160 and handles all the landscape jobs that require moving large amounts of material (building yards using 500 yards of topsoil and up are the norm). The S300 is underpowered and too light to compete in this segment maybe the 330 will do better. I am sure BC will bring one out this Spring. The midweight machines is as close to competing as BC gets to CASE for this application. The 220 is a decent machine only running out of breath in real tough conditions verse the 440. If I used my machines to move mulch and other less intensive duties than I may feel differently. The fact that you believe that the T190 is powerful speaks loudly of the type of work you do with them. Most the work we do is at high alt which is to say it is hp intensive. The lowest we get is 4600 feet. The machines we run are all over 80 hp and Bobcat does not seem to feel much like putting real hp in their skid steers. Only the largest machines are over 80 and then their torque numbers are lower. So from my perspective BC is not a ticket to productivity which mean making money. From your prospective they must work fine, but to say that BC is the best regardless is a little narrow minded.

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I started to hate it 2 years after I bought it, the biggest oil leak I ever had, cost me $1800 in repairs and 6 hours of downtime and I got soaked for overtime service call. A stupid hydraulic line burst off the pump while I was hammering with "Big Betty" and the hose took out the alternator belt and left me dead in the water inside of a barn. Bobcat's just can't handle high pressures, their hoses are rated for 3300 PSI, and Cat's are pressure tested (not rated, big difference) for 4000 PSI and beyond, not too mention that they have an actual warning indicator that alerts you when the hydraulic oil level is below normal, Bobcat just doesn't have that.
Even after I was back up and running, the hose was just a band-aid, the real hose had to be back ordered, which was going to be even more money and it needed to be brought in a second time, and I ended up getting the job done at 2 am in the morning, instead of 6 pm that evening, trust me, there are alot more horror stories if you want more, that was just the big one, I should tell you people about the first 3 problems in the first year, that was nasty.

thats horrible ron i have a 2005 t190 with 1300 hrs i had one problem with it at 400hrs which was under warranty the sprocket blew out. other then that its been holding up fine i cant complain about it

bobcat_ron
02-10-2008, 09:57 PM
I'll have to start a separate thread with my service records from July 2003 - December 2007, over $7000 in just hydraulic repairs, never mind those damn 250 hour service intervals.

cat2
02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
See i always drive the bobcat, now if i drove the john deere and not the bobcat for a few months, then things may be different

cat2
02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Case does have very good power

mrsops
02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
I'll have to start a separate thread with my service records from July 2003 - December 2007, over $7000 in just hydraulic repairs, never mind those damn 250 hour service intervals.

what made you go with the t190 in the first place instead of a cat?

Gravel Rat
02-10-2008, 10:03 PM
If I only had a choice between Mitsupillar and Bobcat it would be Cat. I'am not impressed with Bobcat quality.

If there is a big price difference between the Cat and Bobcat there is a reason. Like they say you get what you pay for.

mrsops
02-10-2008, 10:04 PM
I think it is more a matter of perspective and intended use. Bobcats machines do some things well and if your application fits that your probably happy. We use ours skid steers (particularily the big ones 95XT and 465 machines) for production dirt moving. I have yet to run a Bobcat that was as productive (I have yet to run the 330). The 465 runs with the 160 and handles all the landscape jobs that require moving large amounts of material (building yards using 500 yards of topsoil and up are the norm). The S300 is underpowered and too light to compete in this segment maybe the 330 will do better. I am sure BC will bring one out this Spring. The midweight machines is as close to competing as BC gets to CASE for this application. The 220 is a decent machine only running out of breath in real tough conditions verse the 440. If I used my machines to move mulch and other less intensive duties than I may feel differently. The fact that you believe that the T190 is powerful speaks loudly of the type of work you do with them. Most the work we do is at high alt which is to say it is hp intensive. The lowest we get is 4600 feet. The machines we run are all over 80 hp and Bobcat does not seem to feel much like putting real hp in their skid steers. Only the largest machines are over 80 and then their torque numbers are lower. So from my perspective BC is not a ticket to productivity which mean making money. From your prospective they must work fine, but to say that BC is the best regardless is a little narrow minded.

ksss i dont do any light work. i do alot of heavy grading loading pushing lifting with my t190 its been doing the right job for me. i did demo a t300 and let me tell you i had 20yds of dirt droped and i went right through the pile with no problem. that machine has a ton of power. im very happy with my s330 as well.

bobcat_ron
02-10-2008, 10:04 PM
what made you go with the t190 in the first place instead of a cat?

There was no way Finning was going to take a 25 year old "punk" with no credit history seriously and give me what I wanted for trade in on the 753 and use it for cash down.

I do sincerely, regret going with the Bobcat. In all honesty, I really do, $7000 in repairs I will never get back and all I ever got was sore knees and 'roids..........'cuz I got bent over with that Bobcat.

mrsops
02-10-2008, 10:08 PM
There was no way Finning was going to take a 25 year old "punk" with no credit history seriously and give me what I wanted for trade in on the 753 and use it for cash down.

I do sincerely, regret going with the Bobcat. In all honesty, I really do, $7000 in repairs I will never get back and all I ever got was sore knees and 'roids..........'cuz I got bent over with that Bobcat.

thats really sucks ron hope your cat holds up better..

bobcat_ron
02-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Even a local landscaper phoned me up last week, got referred through the same Cat rep, his problems were the same on his T190, cracked loader arms and blown drive motor, I have to see how he made out on his deal, he was going head to head with a 257B2.

qps
02-10-2008, 10:14 PM
ksss i dont do any light work. i do alot of heavy grading loading pushing lifting with my t190 its been doing the right job for me. i did demo a t300 and let me tell you i had 20yds of dirt droped and i went right through the pile with no problem. that machine has a ton of power. im very happy with my s330 as well.

I won't stir this up again but I lined them up side by side by side...T320 or whatever there large MTL loader is, Gehl CT70 and CAT 297C oh and deere 332...if deere had pilots at the time I may own one now....bobcat was my least favorite...power was o.k. but nothing to write home about, hydralics made the god awful whinning noise I've never heard, to many gadgets in the cab, looked like a video game....all ended up price close to the same...ALL...I stuck with the 297C and haven't looked back...right choice for me anyways...and ron...get your eyes checked or lay off the crack pipe...bobcat has been red and orange for ever..:laugh:

BIGBEN2004
02-10-2008, 10:24 PM
I won't stir this up again but I lined them up side by side by side...T320 or whatever there large MTL loader is, Gehl CT70 and CAT 297C oh and deere 332...if deere had pilots at the time I may own one now....bobcat was my least favorite...power was o.k. but nothing to write home about, hydralics made the god awful whinning noise I've never heard, to many gadgets in the cab, looked like a video game....all ended up price close to the same...ALL...I stuck with the 297C and haven't looked back...right choice for me anyways...and ron...get your eyes checked or lay off the crack pipe...bobcat has been red and orange for ever..:laugh:

Acctually they are orange and white but not forever. Their was a time they were a different color.
http://www.bobcat.com/loaders/product_lines

P.Services
02-10-2008, 10:26 PM
i have seen some all yellow bobcats also.

qps
02-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Acctually they are orange and white but not forever. Their was a time they were a different color.
http://www.bobcat.com/loaders/product_lines

Yeah...orange and white...JK:drinkup:

YellowDogSVC
02-10-2008, 10:44 PM

The bobcat hydro motors do seem to whine when they are new?? I have seen in several s300's but mostly in my 07 s300k especially when turning or moving at low rpms

Construct'O
02-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Ron ! Probably the reason it looked red was those rose colored glass you are wearing:)!!!!

As far as mini i would be looking at Cat,Deere,and TK only reason for TK being toward the rear is because of dealer support and service in my area.As far as Bobcat,as said may be Doocat,would be on my mind:confused:

Doocat,might just decide to do away with the Bobcat mini then what? You might have to start all over again when it comes time to trade again,so that option would be out period.

Just what you want a discontinued low hour machine,which could be the case with Doosan in the picture now.

As far as the skid discussing tonight i'm getting:dizzy:.Between Cat2 and Mrsops.............. It is like watching a boxing match.

I know buying is a tuff job,but take it to the real ring tomorrow when to demo the machines then make up you mind???????

This discussion tonight !!!!!!!!! ........ kind of reminds me of why i don't have a women:rolleyes: Good luck with the demo and what ever you decided because your the D'man paying the bill:drinkup::usflag:

cat2
02-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Boxing match? all i said was i think the bobcats hold up well, and what i like about the deere and the bobcat that i have

Construct'O
02-10-2008, 11:34 PM
It has more to do with the women thing then boxing:dancing:

You can't make up you mind(women thing) which one you like best.:)

I guess that is the reason you own both,couldn't make up your mind the first time:confused:

Which is fine with me, no problem,like i said !!!!!!! it's the person that is paying the bill that has to live with what he decides on, not you or me.

Round 11 it's a draw the way i see it ! :weightlifter: I'm out of here.:walking::usflag:

mrsops
02-10-2008, 11:41 PM
It has more to do with the women thing then boxing:dancing:

You can't make up you mind(women thing) which one you like best.:)

I guess that is the reason you own both,couldn't make up your mind the first time:confused:

Which is fine with me, no problem,like i said !!!!!!! it's the person that is paying the bill that has to live with what he decides on, not you or me.

Round 11 it's a draw the way i see it ! :weightlifter: I'm out of here.:walking::usflag:

what are you talking about?? :drinkup: are you drunk lol

bobcat_ron
02-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Ron ! Probably the reason it looked red was those rose colored glass you are wearing:)!!!!

Yeah well what can ya expect, 2 1/2 months of beautiful, delicious, inviting, warm and very sexy CAT yellow paint may have scorched my eyeballs somewhat.

But it's still red to me!

ksss
02-11-2008, 01:19 AM
[QUOTE=bobcat_ron;2146307]Yeah well what can ya expect, 2 1/2 months of beautiful, delicious, inviting, warm and very sexy CAT yellow paint may have scorched my eyeballs somewhat.

Actually I think the blood has left your brain and you are not thinking clearly. I appears to me that CAT put you in a little room and made you watch CAT videos, and read all the CAT brochures in inventory 24-7 until you were properly brainwashed. :dizzy:

I think Construct'O got someones name wrong. Or he has been pulling on the Wild Turkey a little hard.:drinkup:

Scag48
02-11-2008, 01:31 AM
This thread is out of control. I'll just give my .02. It would take one hell of a stellar machine and/or a really bad experience with my current dealer to switch brands. If the Bobcat and Cat are near equals, the choice is clear regardless of price, warranty, anything else.

oakhillslandscaping
02-11-2008, 10:41 AM
those bobcat insentives are better then most dealers, but nothing beats the straight out demo. but even with that money would go to cat i have run a 304 and it was really nice, i am looking at one myself as soon as the snow melts up here.... good luck on your desicion

Construct'O
02-11-2008, 11:45 AM
I think Construct'O got someones name wrong. Or he has been pulling on the Wild Turkey a little hard.:drinkup

First off for the record.......... drunk, NO way! been there done that ,no more !!!!!!!!

As for the spelling,what can i say:rolleyes: Ron made me do it:cry:

Wild turkey ? Is for Thanksgiving:)

Out of control i agree*trucewhiteflag*:usflag:

bobcat_ron
02-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Any updates?!?!?!