PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to wash your trailer

loborojo338
02-10-2008, 05:38 PM
I have an enclosed trailer that is white and I cant seem to get it clean. I have tried the usuals, Greased Lightning, Purple power ect.... It is aluminum is there a special type of cleaner??? I am fixing to letter it and want to get it real clean before I do so. I also have used my pressure washer on it to no avail.:cry:

Runner
02-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Go to an RV place, and yes, they have a special product just for this. I'm not able to remember the name of this stuff, but there are sevral brands out there. Make sure it is for painted aluminum though,..and not bare aluminum, like pontoons.
he showed me the product to show me what it did on aluminum butters. i had a black film on the outside that no detergent and even a pressure washer would get. I was amazed when I saw what this stuff did. They came out like new.

loborojo338
02-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the info!

lewdo
02-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Go to Walmart or the grocery store and buy Soft Scrub with bleach or Clorox with bleach. Make sure it's the liquid spray though and not paste. I use that on my gutters, metal building, trailers any metal that I need cleaned. This crap is great. Spray it on give it a few minutes, wipe it down and rinse it off. If your trailer is really bad (those black streaks) it may take a second spray. Work in small areas and let the spray work in.

retrodog
02-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I am glad I saw this, just washed my trailer yesterday, and I couldn't get the black stuff off....lol I was so pissed.

CuttinUP
02-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Castrol Super Clean seems to do a great job!

MAC LLC
02-11-2008, 07:52 PM
I have a similar problem, white water stains on my black enclosed, it looks terrible, but its from where I store my trailer. (hard well water pumped through irrigation)

will the AL cleaner from an RV store work on this as well

tried soft scrub, and CSL (?) and did not work to my satisfaction

thanks

2k1yzfr1
02-12-2008, 12:15 AM
My dealer/friend has the best spray on wipe off for black streaks on your trailers. Email Preston at....... phaak@guthrietrailersales.com

cutbetterthanyou
02-12-2008, 12:26 AM
I am not sure how to answer your qusetion but a piece of advise is, if you are going to letter it don't use anything with silicone in it and don't spray your tires with armor all until after the lettering is done. It can make the letters not stick completlely causeing it to later peel off.

Red Wagon
02-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I second lewdo and the liquid soft scrub. Thats what we use on our enclosed white trailer and then a coat of wax.

Looking Good Lawn Service
02-17-2008, 01:17 AM
I had the same problem, believe it or not, I used the same engine degreaser I use to clean the engines of my tractor trailers, and everything else that is stubborn. make sure it is paint safe, ie it wont cause more damage, mine didnt, ohh, yeah, I used wash and wax car wash too. good luck

lifetree
02-17-2008, 06:20 AM
I use water ... LOL !!

atv220chris
02-20-2008, 12:23 AM
my mom and dad use this stuff called black streek remover it is from walmart i use it on my dirt bike also and it keeps it clean

J&R Landscaping
02-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Anybody use simple green and a lil water?? I use that on my mowers when they get washed and it works great!

bibbo
02-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Anybody use simple green and a lil water?? I use that on my mowers when they get washed and it works great!
i love that stuff i use it on everything... also your not gunna believe it but dawn orignal dish soap works wonders. i work in the recon dep. at a harley delership and thats what we use.