PDA

View Full Version : Who owens lawnsite

sbvfd592
02-10-2008, 06:38 PM
I know this is in the wrong place.........................
Who owns lawnsite now sean adams did a great job.... just wanted to know whos filling the shoes.

daveyo
02-10-2008, 06:40 PM
you mean owns.

Landrus2
02-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Lawnsite.com is owned by MooseRiverPublishing.:drinkup:

P.Services
02-10-2008, 07:47 PM
and who ever owns it needs to get rid of the blue words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grass disaster
02-10-2008, 07:52 PM
what blue Words

AI Inc
02-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Lawnsite.com is owned by MooseRiverPublishing.:drinkup:

as in Turf Magazine?

Petr51488
02-10-2008, 08:16 PM
and who ever owns it needs to get rid of the blue words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, i thought i was the only one whose seen that

Raven386
02-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Sean explained about this already... http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=2141348&postcount=13

TomberLawn
02-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Blue words: You mean the advertising links I recently started seeing? I can't remember where or what words, but I saw something like "truck" in a post that was double underlined and blue. Moved the mouse over it and an advertisement popped up. Is this an extra revenue avenue for Moose River?

Raven386
02-11-2008, 11:44 PM
why does everyone find them annoying?

KS_Grasscutter
02-11-2008, 11:47 PM
why does everyone find them annoying?

Because they are.

Raven386
02-11-2008, 11:48 PM
good enough for me. if the links were more relevant that would be less annoying. instead of bringing up cat food all the time... but i think sean explained that already...

P.Services
02-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Because they are.

i agree times ten

Raven386
02-11-2008, 11:52 PM
although theres is a ton of ads, i understand why they are neccessary. they are sending out countless copies of Turf and their other magazines, keeping this site plus all the others going. and if they left it up to donations to keep the site up and running, how many people would really donate?

Jason Rose
02-12-2008, 12:12 AM
i understand why they are neccessary. they are sending out countless copies of Turf and their other magazines

Hey, I really don't read Turf, I just get it... Maybe if I cancelled it would save them postage and thusly they could stop with the blue enderlined link words!?

Raven386
02-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Hey, I really don't read Turf, I just get it... Maybe if I cancelled it would save them postage and thusly they could stop with the blue enderlined link words!?

Well, its obviously not going to get very many hits through the content links because everyone despises them so much. maybe they will be helpful when they start being relevant to the trade, instead of bringing up cat food and crap like that. I would love to know how it makes LawnSite money though, i couldnt figure it out via the content link website.

Valk
02-12-2008, 01:10 AM
What's a mad scientist to do when seeing the bacteria in his petri dish flipping him the bird? :laugh:

02-12-2008, 03:06 AM
Well, its obviously not going to get very many hits through the content links because everyone despises them so much. maybe they will be helpful when they start being relevant to the trade, instead of bringing up cat food and crap like that. I would love to know how it makes LawnSite money though, i couldnt figure it out via the content link website.

lol, your "content links" links to some BS!! lol

Sean Adams
02-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, I did sell the sites to Moose River Media, formerly Moose River Publishing.... I am still involved and running the sites...

The contextual (blue) ads are gone - we tried it and scrapped it....the members spoke and we listened.

P.Services
02-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Yes, I did sell the sites to Moose River Media, formerly Moose River Publishing.... I am still involved and running the sites...

The contextual (blue) ads are gone - we tried it and scrapped it....the members spoke and we listened.

well thats nice to know what we think really does matter, i wouldlt mind paying a little $ for a membership if you guys really needed to make some cash. nothing huge but something.

02-12-2008, 07:11 PM

Thank You!

well thats nice to know what we think really does matter, i wouldlt mind paying a little $ for a membership if you guys really needed to make some cash. nothing huge but something.

I agree. I would pay a one time $5 fee or something like that to become a member.

Or a buck a year?

Raven386
02-13-2008, 04:41 PM
The only problem with having a fee to become a member is that alot of the people who come here once to ask a question or any homeowners that come here wouldn't want to pay. That really would defeat the purpose of the site IMO. We would only be left with the people who visit everyday and post everyday. I think a donation would be better. People can donate whatever they want but aren't required to pay to be a member. Just my .02

TomberLawn
02-13-2008, 06:24 PM
I agree with Raven. A donation option would be an idea, but I just counted about 60 advertisements on this one page. I don't know what each is worth, but with the traffic this website gets, they should be worth a lot. Looks like the revenue from these ads would keep the site running without member fees, just like the ads in Turf make it possible for free subscriptions.

Raven386
02-14-2008, 09:18 AM
I agree with Raven. A donation option would be an idea, but I just counted about 60 advertisements on this one page. I don't know what each is worth, but with the traffic this website gets, they should be worth a lot. Looks like the revenue from these ads would keep the site running without member fees, just like the ads in Turf make it possible for free subscriptions.

That depends, they might be pay-per-click ads. So lets say they charge $5 to get your ad on the site, then charge $1 per click. I don't know how many people visit the websites in the ads... But no matter what the case is, they're obviously at least breaking even if they were'nt this site would be shut down.

Team-Green L&L
02-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Membership to LS would not be orthodox due to the ad costs. They do sell the space for a "pretty penny" but I will not disclose numbers on an open forum. To charge for entry or membership to a user-generated site would be down right rude if you ask me.

Besides, the core purpose of LS is to inform for the excellence of the industry. That is the foremost goal as I understand it. Sean may "chime in" if I'm mistaken.

J&R Landscaping
02-14-2008, 03:46 PM
I know on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum, the standard forum and membership are free. They have a premier edition that you have to pay and you get special content or something. I'm not quite sure how much it costs or what extra you get.

americanlawn
02-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Previous posts explained how to delete the highlighted words, but I'm not going to do this. Reason: Sean, Michael & the rest of the crew felt this trial was worthwhile. The least I can do is go along with it as long as they do. These guys have done alot for this industry, so I'll stick by them for a long time. The longer one is in business, the easier it is to determine who your friends really are. The lawnsite guys are trusted friends of mine and so many others.