PDA

View Full Version : Blower cord hard to pull sometimes

Dunn's
02-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Anyone have any idea on why one of our backpack blower cords is hard to pull sometimes. It will only let you pull it abou 6 inches sometimes and then stops. Do you think the flywheel key is sheered, or maybe some kind of compression problem, or possibly something else.

I searched on here pretty good for an anser but couldn't find anything.

Thanks For any and all help in advance.

ovlc
02-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Anyone have any idea on why one of our backpack blower cords is hard to pull sometimes. It will only let you pull it abou 6 inches sometimes and then stops. Do you think the flywheel key is sheered, or maybe some kind of compression problem, or possibly something else.

When is it hard to pull? after its been running or when it's cold. Does it try to rip your fingers off?, meaning does it feel like it is pulling back. Or does it just stop like it the starter assy is catching on something.

Dunn's
02-10-2008, 09:05 PM
When is it hard to pull? after its been running or when it's cold. Does it try to rip your fingers off?, meaning does it feel like it is pulling back. Or does it just stop like it the starter assy is catching on something.

Well it just started lately so it could be because it is cold out, also I think it is only doing it when the machine is cold but not sure will have to look into.

It just stops like it is catching, no pull back like on those old kawasaki 14 hp fc420v, man did those hurt.

and if you let it go back in when it is doing this if you pull back at the right angle it seems it pulls fine, but is very hard to get to good pulss in a row. when it is doing this.

Thanks

Landrus2
02-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Try by replacing the recoil you problem is probably there.:drinkup:

Dunn's
02-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah we thought it might be that as well and where going to get one tommorrow. Just wanted to know if anyone thought it might be anything else as well.

As I said we thought maybe a flywheel key, but those usually make it pull back in and almost rip your fingers off as ovlc posted before.

mowermankevin
02-16-2008, 08:08 PM

Just curious, what have you come up with?, any ideas or solutions yet?

mowermankevin
02-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Stihl, Echo, Muriyama, what kinda machines?

Dunn's
02-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Stihl and we ordered the part on wednesday, just waiting for it to come in. Hopefully it is just the pull cord assembly.