PDA

View Full Version : Starter Denso?

Penscape Landscaping
02-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Has anyone tried to rebuild there denso starter themselves? I have a 23hp Kawasaki on an Exmark and the starter went out. $225.00 is the cheapest i have found them! Brushes are $44.00 to rebuild.

mowermankevin
02-11-2008, 07:10 AM
Texas Mower Parts on the right side of the sponor banners has starters used for$40, also call a local starter/generator shop and ask them, I walk out with one for $125 exchange and now they don't even want the old ones anymore so I recycle 'em till I get enough good peices to make up another one.

mcambrose
02-15-2008, 11:51 PM
should be able to get new unit from Db electrical on Ebay. I just bought a denso replacement for $90 delivered for a Walker mower (20 hp command). This is the second time I have bought one from them. Not for same machine. Price depends on your model number. I have never had good luck rebuilding the denso's. I would clean mine up and put on bench and they worked good. I would put back into mower and it would stick off and on.

dutch1
02-16-2008, 08:10 AM
You may want to check out NAPA as they now have a line of starters for small engines. I can't confirm their quality as I have not used one as yet but price was about half to 2/3 of OEM on one for a 22 Kaw WC.

Dutch

Tharrell
04-05-2008, 05:09 AM
You've probably bought a new starter by now but if not, take it to a rebuilder. I took mine (fh601v) yesterday and they put a new end cap and bearing in it for $24. Tony