PDA

View Full Version : Walmart & Lowes

johnhenry
11-04-2001, 09:57 AM
I just heard from my dealer yesterday that lowes was going to start selling cub cadet next year. And walmart cancelled the stanley tractor . I also went to joplin the other day and to my surprise the john deere dealer quit selling their brand. He said within two years all home depot stores would sell the full line of J.D. Kinda of looks like all out war against each other between lowes and home depot. I wonder if walmart will increase the snapper line or just quit selling them at all . I just thought I share this info with you.

Eng Mwr Guy
11-04-2001, 11:37 AM
And I heard kinda the opposite....

Cub will be through HD including commercial equipment.

JD is out of HD (due to excessive price conscession demands from HD).

Wal-Mart I know nothing about.

Lowes I know nothing about.

I do know Lowes & HD do not play nice.

Barry

BufalinoLand
11-04-2001, 06:18 PM
why bother with cub cadet, i think they are junk

cantoo
11-04-2001, 10:08 PM
bufalinoland, which ones did you have?

KerryB
11-05-2001, 08:48 AM
cb cadet was bought out by mtd. So it only makes sense that lowes would start selling them since mtd is their favorite brand.

Eng Mwr Guy
11-05-2001, 07:26 PM
Don't know where I was on this one....Lowes will be carrying Cub Cadet.....I was wrong.

Barry

mowerconsultant
11-05-2001, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by lawndoctor
cb cadet was bought out by mtd.

Yes this is true.....it hapened in 1981..............

littlepopelp
11-05-2001, 08:38 PM
i know for a fact that lowes and sears is stopping their line of toros. Home Depot is buying more toros in 2002 than homedepot, lowes, and sears bought last year combined.

kutnkru
11-07-2001, 11:07 PM
Im curious to see how this would fly then with the homecenters carrying the commercial lines. I was told by the local cub dealer that the Cub Commercial dealer has to keep an inventory stock of parts somewhere in the range of $7k if memory serves??? He said that the amount of inventory they (Cub) wanted him to carry was going to basically surpass his inventory and then he just laffed.

Kris

johnhenry
11-08-2001, 11:53 AM
what the shame of it all is the poor ole dealer for cubs and john deere are being thrown out to dry. the big chains stores are sucking them up .If you would have told me 5 years ago that you could buy john deere or cub at these chain stores . I would have lol. The one good thing for us is that there prices will still be higher and it might knock out the one season wonders!!!

1stclasslawns
11-08-2001, 02:07 PM
Tractor supply company will be carring Cubs next year also.

Jim

bmh1202
11-14-2001, 08:20 PM
Lowes is going to be carrying 2 or 3 Cub tractors and Troy Bilt and Cub hand held equip. They are dropping poulan/weedeater and are trying to get either Husqvarna or Stihl for chainsaws. They are still going to carry Ryobi since they are owned by MTD. As for pricing, they are not going to be able to sell for less than MSRP or local dealer pricing. All service work is to go through local dealers once the machine leaves the store. This was the deal last I heard. (I work for Lowes)