PDA

View Full Version : Every heard of a mower called " The Landscaper " ?

Bunton Guy
11-04-2001, 03:56 PM
I just got a catalog from Lanscapers supply and they have several models of mowers int here that they make and the model name is " The Landscaper" the 3 hydro models run for
48"--$3,299.00
52"--$3,499.00
61"--$3,999.00
Which I though was a good price but does anyone own one of these or has anyone used any of these ? I would like comments from people who have close contact with these mower or have personally owned one. These 3 models come with 17hp Twin cylinder Kawi's and look Identical to a bunton hydro I beleive the brand of hydro pumps and wheel motors according to the article said " Dual WHITE HYDRO pumps and wheel motors" anyone heard of the brand White ?

Tony
11-04-2001, 04:36 PM
Made by Black Rock Mfg. out of Louisville ,Kentucky's Stan Byers. He used to be Pres. of Bunton, then he started Byers Gold before his now Black Rock Mfg. He'll paint them any color and sell them to any dealer with your own decals.Landscaper Supply is just a dealer for him. In the real world you usually get what you pay for, spend more and buy a better package from your dealer with parts and service. I beleive that the DEALER makes the difference. Why don't you buy one and then you can tell everybody how good they are? By the way what kind of mowers do you own now?

Tony

dlandscaping
11-04-2001, 05:19 PM
area lco has a pair of landscaper supply gear mowers and he said they are basic mowers that get the job done but cant be compared to his exmarks. go with a popular brand with great dealer support. what would happen if your hydro pumps motor etc went bad, you would send it back to landscper supply? that could take weeks forget it.

Stephen
11-04-2001, 07:36 PM
landscaper's supply- their service stinks to be polite

Eng Mwr Guy
11-04-2001, 07:41 PM
Gotta make it up somewhere.....those are some amazing prices.

Barry

Dochere
11-04-2001, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Tony
Made by Black Rock Mfg. out of Louisville ,Kentucky's Stan Byers.....

They are now opperating under the name Mighty Mowers, and are still opperating in the same location.

thelawnguy
11-04-2001, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Stephen
landscaper's supply- their service stinks to be polite

Each Landscapers Supply is independently owned and operated.

That said, the one close to me does not have a service shop on site, but has his equipment serviced by the general repair shop across the road. He comes highly recommended, and this particular Landscaper Supply will go out of his way to get you something that he might not carry.

eslawns
11-05-2001, 03:19 PM
I have a 48 WB LS mower and it's been a very good machine. I got it in '98 and it was my primary mower until June when I got a Z. Now it's a backup unit. However, even though I can't really say anything bad about it, I won't buy another one. The Exmarks and Huskys are close in price with local dealer support.

David Gretzmier
11-06-2001, 02:40 AM
having ridden the black rock rider, I can say it has little traction. it "burns out " when turning even on flat ground. it is an old design that has been way improved upon by everybody. the walk behinds are great, and probably would do just fine with pump and wheel moters available, and a kaw engine is a good one. Dave g

kutnkru
11-07-2001, 11:58 PM
I have heard both good and bad about these machines but know of an outfit here locally that bought the last 4 Byers Gold Hydro mowers available at Sams Club over 3 seasons ago and these units are still on their trucks to date. The LCO paid a whopping $1999 for each at closeout and wishes he could get more.

I have to second TLG, that when dealing with independently owned and operated biz's that it all depends on what the owner strives for. I have guys complain about the Lesco that services our area and then there are other areas that would be devistated w/o theirs.

Just ask alot of questions, and decide what best suites your co's needs.

Good Luck
Kris

summitgroundskeeping
11-10-2001, 12:17 AM
That would be a great mower to use until you needed dealer support for parts, demo, service of any kind. Unless you have a dealer near you for thoes. I considered buying a 36" but my dealer or any other don't carry stuff for them.