PDA

View Full Version : Flags

Keepin it Green
02-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Do any of you use leave-behind flags in the yard when you leave? It's not a requirement here in Kansas/Missouri, but I have been thinking about doing it. How much do they cost? Where do you get them?
Thanks

ted putnam
02-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Do any of you use leave-behind flags in the yard when you leave? It's not a requirement here in Kansas/Missouri, but I have been thinking about doing it. How much do they cost? Where do you get them?
Thanks

It's not required in Arkansas either but I do it. It's the best money I spend! It has gotten me as much business as referrals. I get mine from A.M Leonard. About $100 per 1000. There's a small setup fee the first time. There are other sources.

DLAWNS
02-11-2008, 05:02 PM
I use blackburnflag.com. Great prices

Keepin it Green
02-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the info!

IN2MOWN
02-11-2008, 05:19 PM
I dont do weed control but when I overseed and fertilize I leave them in the yard as a reminder I was there and to water.

I got mine from Gill Studios in Lenexa. I think I got 1500 of them for a couple hundred dollars. The problem is they dont sell to individuals. I got them because my wifes grandma worked there for 40 years...

ATVracer
02-11-2008, 07:17 PM
I paid like $87 for 1000 of them from Blackburn.

Runner
02-11-2008, 08:03 PM
I got our first ones from RND, and our second batch from Blackburn. I can't give you an exact comparison on prices, as our first were just generic, and the second ones were printed. I CAN tell you this...The ones from Blackburn hold up to the weather MUCH better than the RND ones did, as they are a whole different material. the Blackburn flags have like a plastic-like coating on them that keep them from curling in the rain. I can also tell you that the plastic door hanger bags are cheaper through Blackburn, as well.
Now, this year, we haven't decided yet on what we are going to do. we may just end up going through Lesco(JDL) for our signs, as Michigan has just changed the law and made it so all signs have to be generic...no co. name, no phone no., logo, etc.. Just a plain warning square. Now, we CAN post another sign....separately from the Caution sign, but it has to be on a whole separate stick, and can NOT have the caution emblem on it.