PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Hydrexx or Uflexx?

Four Alarm Lawns
02-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Anyone have any experience or are currently using Hydrexx or Uflexx by Agrotain?

ted putnam
02-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Anyone have any experience or are currently using Hydrexx or Uflexx by Agrotain?

I am going to start adding UFLEXX to my tank in about a week and a half. I have never used it but I have a good friend who swears by it. We are warm season grasses here so results will not be immediate but I am looking for good things judging from what I've been told and have read. I have been asked by someone here who owns a business in Olympia Washington to post my results. He has used it on Cool Season turf and found it to add 8-10 days to the life of the Nitrogen Source. I am looking for at least that. My friend who recommended it to me says he's added 14 days at least...we'll see. You need to compare the price difference between adding the HYDREXX to Urea or just buying UFLEXX.

Rayholio
02-11-2008, 08:09 PM
I've used Uflex in granular form. It's good enough that I'll continue to use it..
seems to keep the fert going MUCH longer than standard.

Four Alarm Lawns
02-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the response about the Uflexx! Ted, did your friend use the Hydrexx at all? Anyone else ever used Hydrexx, I would appreciate any information! Thanks..

ted putnam
02-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the response about the Uflexx! Ted, did your friend use the Hydrexx at all? Anyone else ever used Hydrexx, I would appreciate any information! Thanks..

The way I understand it is the Hydrexx is a powder that you add to 46-0-0 to keep it from leaching and volatilizing. The Uflexx and Umaxx is the urea already coated with the key ingredients. What you need to do is compare price both ways and you should get the same result agronomicaly either way. Does that make sense...

Four Alarm Lawns
02-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks again Ted! Yes you make sense and that is the way I understand the Hydrexx to work also. Right now the prices we are getting are about the same, either mixing the Hydrexx with the liquid fert or using the Uflexx. I was just wondering if the results are the same with both Hydrexx and Uflexx, or if someone has seen better results with one or the other. Thanks for the input so far!

Turfdoctor1
03-04-2008, 05:38 PM
i just spoke with a supplier and asked about Uflexx. They said they did not have Uflexx, but they did have Urea coated with Agrotain.

Is that the same product and we were just miscommunicating? or is this something different?

hosepuller
07-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Agrotain in urea just stops the volatilization factor. It contains only 1 enzyme blocker...UFLEXX, UMAXX & HYDREXX have 2...so you get both volatility protection and the mechanism that locks the N in the soil for extended feeding