PDA

View Full Version : Certification Testing Tomorrow.

Runner
02-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Well,...this is it. I am going in to test for recertification tomorrow morning. Mine is expired, and I have to do this before applying for license renewal. I've been hiting the books, and I am confident I'll do ok.(not over confident, I hope). I am testing for Core that's a given), Turfgrass, Ornamental, and Right of Way. I hope I'll do well, as I just feel as if I haven't been fully focused on this reading, with all the snow and ice work that's been going on. On top of that, it looks as if it is going to be snowing WHILE I'll be in testing. The cool thing is, is that my mentor - who got me into this, is going to be there testing as well. This will be good to compare scores!:laugh: He also has a series of questions that he says should be on the tests, and he is going to present them to our local inspector who is also going to be administering the tests. It will be interesting to get this guy's take on these questions and see what he thinks of them. The guy who is my mentor has the same idea as I do....to take this guy to lunch and get about 1/2 hr - 45 minutes of his time. We may ask him about this.:)
Anyway, wish me luck,...I'll probably NEED it!
Incidentally, I just want to mark this post, as it makes 10,000 for me.:dizzy::drinkup: Wow...I REALLY need a hobby!

blind04
02-11-2008, 07:31 PM
good luck buddy, i did mine last winter. was no fun at all. but i did alot better than i thought i would do. so i would worry to much if i were you.

bigw
02-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Well,...this is it. I am going in to test for recertification tomorrow morning. Mine is expired, and I have to do this before applying for license renewal. I've been hiting the books, and I am confident I'll do ok.(not over confident, I hope). I am testing for Core that's a given), Turfgrass, Ornamental, and Right of Way. I hope I'll do well, as I just feel as if I haven't been fully focused on this reading, with all the snow and ice work that's been going on. On top of that, it looks as if it is going to be snowing WHILE I'll be in testing. The cool thing is, is that my mentor - who got me into this, is going to be there testing as well. This will be good to compare scores!:laugh: He also has a series of questions that he says should be on the tests, and he is going to present them to our local inspector who is also going to be administering the tests. It will be interesting to get this guy's take on these questions and see what he thinks of them. The guy who is my mentor has the same idea as I do....to take this guy to lunch and get about 1/2 hr - 45 minutes of his time. We may ask him about this.:)
Anyway, wish me luck,...I'll probably NEED it!
Incidentally, I just want to mark this post, as it makes 10,000 for me.:dizzy::drinkup: Wow...I REALLY need a hobby!

Hey good luck tomorrow, i am taking my core and 07 lawn and turf on feb 25 and then my 06 in march and i know what you mean about the studing...my brain is fried from all of it!! :weightlifter:

rcreech
02-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Good Luck Runner!

I bet you can pass that think with your eyes closed! Don't worry!

You do need a hobby! :laugh:

10,000 posts is awesome!

This is a great site!

Good Luck Tomorrow,
RC

jrc lawncare
02-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Just took my recertification classes for this year last Tuesday. We are required to get 10 credits recertification over three years in NY.

lawnservice
02-12-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm in Massachusetts. Many things about MA tick me off like the politics (I aint no Ted Kennedy fan, or John Kerry for that matter)
But once certified all we need to do is take 12 hours of training per 3 year period, similar to jrc in NY.
I typically get 12 hours in per winter rather than over 3 winters...gives me something to do other than spend time on lanwsite and i like the networking. Oh, and I usually only sign up for the training classes that will feed me lunch as well....I likes to eat

VO Landscape Design
02-12-2008, 12:36 PM
If I get through the book this week I am hoping to take it this Friday or next. Lots to go over but have had some in classes over the past 2 years.
Good Luck
VO

Runner
02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
RC,
Thanks for the well wishes.:) All done and I have it behind me. I didn't do nearly as well as I thought I would. 88 on the Core, and 86 on all the others (turf,ornamental, and right way). I guess I'm good for another 3 years, anyway.

T-Cart
02-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Im guessing they told you right away whether you passed or not. I took a certification class yesterday in Ark and they said it will be between two and eight weeks to get the results back.

Whitey4
02-12-2008, 08:42 PM
You don't get on the dean's list if you get 100! So, did they ask how many generations the birch leaf miner can produce in a season?

lawnguyland
02-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah- or how many prolegs on a sawfly larvae? WTF was that question? Closed book too for recert.
Credits are a waste.
In NY it's 20 , not 10.

jrc lawncare
02-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Yeah- or how many prolegs on a sawfly larvae? WTF was that question? Closed book too for recert.
Credits are a waste.
In NY it's 20 , not 10. That's changed, 3 yrs 10 credits.

Shades of Green LService
02-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Here in Jersey we have 5 years to achieve 8 credits in core and 16 in category. It really is a joke, because all you have to do is attend some classes in the off season and take it all in. Also, like LS said the best ones are the classes that feed you. Doesn't get any easier than that. That being said, i do enjoy some of the classes and continue to go even after i have reached my credit mark.