PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a "Carry-On" enclosed trailer?

Johnson LCO
02-11-2008, 09:54 PM
My local trailer dealer offers two different brands of trailers. With the same specs (7x16, black, ramp door), the Carry on costs $4300 and the Wells Cargo is $4900. Is the Wells cargo worth the extra money? I really am getting tight on money although I do have the cash to buy either. I am leaning towards the cheaper one but have not seen it in person yet. Any advice is appreciated.

lifetree
02-11-2008, 10:34 PM
The "Carry On" brand is the line that Lowe's carries ... my first trailer was a Carry On and I didn't really like it !!

GravelyNut
02-12-2008, 03:48 AM
Carry On is also sold by TSC and Northern Tool.

grass_cuttin_fool
02-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Carry On may be a good trailer....but for 600 more I would go with a proven manufacturer

wayne

Sunscaper
02-12-2008, 11:32 AM
I have a TSC 6x12 Carry-On and like it for what little I do with it. It's basically a mobile tool shed for me. I move it 4 times a year at best. With that being said. If I used it daily I would trade it for the Wells or a Pace. They are much heavier built. The Wells is easily worth the extra money.

Looking Good Lawn Service
02-17-2008, 01:09 AM
I have Pace and Horton Hauler, the Horton is built like a beast, that is my favorite enclosed trailer. Carry On is good too for a simple light use trailer. Try to see if you get it from home depot or lowes you can use your card and get no interest no payment specials, and use coupons from mailers...just a thought

Raven386
02-17-2008, 01:43 AM
I have a carry-on open trailer and it sucks........

Johnson LCO
02-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanx for the opinions. I found out that the Haulmark factory is close and a new one is 4300 with some extras. I will be ordering one soon.

J&R Landscaping
02-17-2008, 07:00 PM
I have a carry-on trailer and its not to bad. If your serious to compare them between Haulmark and any others, go see the guys down at Franklin trailers in Berlin NJ. They have a huge inventory and the customer service is really good!

Johnson LCO
02-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks J&R. Do they sell haulmark also? I am picking it up from the manufacturer factory so any dealer can sell it to me without touching it. Maybe they will give me a better deal if I decide on a haulmark.

Lawn-Sharks
02-17-2008, 07:28 PM
My local trailer dealer offers two different brands of trailers. With the same specs (7x16, black, ramp door), the Carry on costs $4300 and the Wells Cargo is $4900. Is the Wells cargo worth the extra money? I really am getting tight on money although I do have the cash to buy either. I am leaning towards the cheaper one but have not seen it in person yet. Any advice is appreciated.

I went to lowes and got mine it's a 6x12x6 w/ramp & side door its nice and it was only $3,395 before tax naot a bad price. the trailer pulls nice & holds all of my equipment....this is just my opinion

J&R Landscaping
02-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks J&R. Do they sell haulmark also? I am picking it up from the manufacturer factory so any dealer can sell it to me without touching it. Maybe they will give me a better deal if I decide on a haulmark.

Yes, the do sell haulmark as well.

www.franklintrailers.com
:usflag:

mwhendry
07-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know where the Vin number is suppose to be on a 5x8 Carry On enclosed trailer 2004 model. The theives painted over where I think its suppose to be.
I have watched craigslist since it was stolen and found it. Well trying to verify its mine.

Please help if anyone knows where on the drivers side on the tongues there is suppose to be a sticker with the vin. We sanded the paint but need to know if vin is on top or bottom , right or left of the sticker. Any help appreciated...

knox gsl
07-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Carry-on uses a sticker that is easily removable.
Posted via Mobile Device