PDA

View Full Version : Covenant Cargo 6 x 14 enclosed trailer

gmanlq
02-11-2008, 10:24 PM
What do you think about this enclosed trailer? Good deal or not. Made well or not.

New Covenant Cargo 6' x 14' enclosed tandem twin axle with ramp door, 32" side door, roof vent with dome light and a switch, red exterior color, assisted ramp door, 16" center floor with 3/4" plywood and 16" center 3/8" plywood on walls, true 72" clearance inside trailer, 5 year warranty for $3800 including taxes walk off the lot price.

Weighs 2000 lbs. and has 4 breaks...one for each wheel. Can put 3000 lbs. of equipment inside?

Inside I'll have a 21" craftsman and the 36" metro, edger, blower, trimmer rack and a few other tools/supplies.

Lugnut
02-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Very good price for a new trailer, especially with thick plywood and brakes on both axles. You guys in the South can get trailers at alot better prices than we can up here, but for me if i went to the local dealer that trailer would be around $5000-5500. And you should be able to carry closer to 4000lbs in it i believe

gmanlq
02-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Very good price for a new trailer, especially with thick plywood and brakes on both axles. You guys in the South can get trailers at alot better prices than we can up here, but for me if i went to the local dealer that trailer would be around $5000-5500. And you should be able to carry closer to 4000lbs in it i believe

At least you Yankees get the snow to make some winter $$$. Grass won't grow down here after Nov. and we don't get the snow you get. Got to develop other means down here to make winter $$$.

Ooomwizard
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Wheres that trailer sold? Country Boy Trailers in Cumming?

tconn
02-13-2008, 12:27 AM
I’d be careful using that trailer for something as strenuous as landscaping. The Covenant Cargo uses cheap Chinese axles, has thin exterior skin, and uses lighter gauge steel in the framing (that’s why it’s cheaper). I would recommend either Pace American (Summit or Journey-Summit model) or a Wells Cargo. You’ll probably spend a little more, but it last a lot longer and be well worth the investment.

gmanlq
02-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Iíd be careful using that trailer for something as strenuous as landscaping. The Covenant Cargo uses cheap Chinese axles, has thin exterior skin, and uses lighter gauge steel in the framing (thatís why itís cheaper). I would recommend either Pace American (Summit or Journey-Summit ) or a Wells Cargo. Youíll probably spend a little more, but it last a lot longer and be well worth the investment.

Thanks for the advice.

gmanlq
02-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Wheres that trailer sold? Country Boy Trailers in Cumming?
No. Is down in Jonesboro GA. Why do you ask?

gmanlq
02-14-2008, 10:35 PM
No. Is down in Jonesboro GA. Why do you ask?

gmanlq
02-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Wish you replied sooner. I put money down on a credit card. I can probably get out of it.

I'd be well under the weight capacity of 5000lbs of this trailer. My equipment would be under 700lbs for this year. Next year I hope to add a Stander so that would add another 800 to 900lbs. You don't think I'd be OK being under the weight limit by so much??

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
02-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I have a 7x16 V-nose that I paid $3K for new. Lots of guys will tell you the higher dollar trailers are better to make them feel they have the best but the covenant trailers are pretty decent. Not to mention you can just about buy two for what others are asking. I load mine down everyday w/ 2 60" Z's and all the other stuff you need. So far 8K miles and only had to replace one tire (defect tire from the factory, only had 1000 miles on it).

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
02-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Here's a link to ebay from the company I bought mine from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-7-X-16-TA-V-Nose-Enclosed-Cargo-Trailer-W-Ramp_W0QQitemZ170194109959QQihZ007QQcategoryZ80770QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ooomwizard
02-16-2008, 10:55 AM
I was asking because I've been shopping too. There is a manufacturer just South of Atlanta, sells on Ebay, and sells a 7 X 16 dual 3500# axle/brakes... for a little under $3000 new. You have to order in advance cause they ship out what they got and don't keep a big inventory on hand. I think is worth the drive to save several hundred dollars.
That's were I am going once I figure out which Zero Turn I'm getting.

I found Country Boy expensive and they seemed to busy to want to help a customer.

Mark in ATL

Looking Good Lawn Service
02-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I think that is a descent deal for a trailer, never heard of the brand before, I use pace and horton hauler myself. Thats whats around me. I would get a taller interior, 72" is too short, unless you are not that tall, you are going to bump into it walking or riding a stander or walk behind with a sulky if you dont duck down. In any brand consider the fit and finish, very important, enclosed trailers if not properly built can become all loosed up and start to fall apart. Also, if possible, I recommend Dexter, Torflex axles, no maintenance and ride like air ride. Good Luck

gmanlq
02-17-2008, 06:53 AM
I have a 7x16 V-nose that I paid $3K for new. Lots of guys will tell you the higher dollar trailers are better to make them feel they have the best but the covenant trailers are pretty decent. Not to mention you can just about buy two for what others are asking. I load mine down everyday w/ 2 60" Z's and all the other stuff you need. So far 8K miles and only had to replace one tire (defect tire from the factory, only had 1000 miles on it).That makes me feel better. Thanks.

justanotherlawnguy
02-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Covenant trailers blow a$$. I bought one 2 years ago and have hated it ever since. There is a reason they are so much cheaper then everybody else.

I have a 8x16 v-nose.