PDA

View Full Version : First Pic's Deere's New Controls in Skid's and CTL's

minimax
02-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Here is a little info on the new contorls in the deere skids and ctls.They are E/H controls like Cat.They are only on the large frame models to start.Enjoy

minimax

P.Services
02-11-2008, 11:38 PM
dang!!!! i just got my ct332 and now i want a diffrent one!! thats ok mine will move just as much dirt for 1/3 of the price so i cant cry about it.

bobcat_ron
02-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Yup, those are Rexroths, same ones I have in my Cat, and if those are E/H, mine are definitely E/H, just like I suspected all along.

ksss
02-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Yup, those are Rexroths, same ones I have in my Cat, and if those are E/H, mine are definitely E/H, just like I suspected all along.

Yea they look just like the CAT handles. I think this will help Deere out with their sales.

Scag48
02-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Ron, you don't necessarily have E/H in your machine. Those are the standard sticks in B series Cat's, our 277B had them and I know for damn sure that wasn't E/H. I'm pretty sure E/H wasn't released on BII series machines, but I could be wrong.

I have my predictions for Deere's E/H, but I don't want to start a war. That's all I'm going to say.

ksss
02-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Ron, you don't necessarily have E/H in your machine. Those are the standard sticks in B series Cat's, our 277B had them and I know for damn sure that wasn't E/H. I'm pretty sure E/H wasn't released on BII series machines, but I could be wrong.

I have my predictions for Deere's E/H, but I don't want to start a war. That's all I'm going to say.

It has got to be better than what they have now. I am a servo guy and always have been but I never thought that Deere put as much into their control system as they needed to. This system should be a step forward. If I recall qps had issues with the Deere control system and cited it as a reason not to buy an otherwise solid machine. It should be interesting to to see how close to the bullseye they came on their E/H controls.

Scag48
02-12-2008, 01:56 AM
I agree, the new system should be much better than what Deere has provided in the past. I suppose time will tell.

KTM
02-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Are they going to change the rest of the cab so you can get in and out of it? I do not understand why they have not changed it yet, I know a few people who passed on the Deere because of the enclosed cab.

P.Services
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Are they going to change the rest of the cab so you can get in and out of it? I do not understand why they have not changed it yet, I know a few people who passed on the Deere because of the enclosed cab.

i agree it is a real pain to get into and out of, you kinda have to do a little dance then fall into the seat. it doesnt bug me though because once your inside its a great machine.

qps
02-12-2008, 10:13 AM
It has got to be better than what they have now. I am a servo guy and always have been but I never thought that Deere put as much into their control system as they needed to. This system should be a step forward. If I recall qps had issues with the Deere control system and cited it as a reason not to buy an otherwise solid machine. It should be interesting to to see how close to the bullseye they came on their E/H controls.

Definitely a solid contender, I didn't care for the H or CASE pattern...but the response with the old system wasn't that bad...I was impressed to tell the truth....the thing put power to ground for sure....I would have bought it but it had a plastic safety lever and no cuphoulder..(my daily jab at KSSS):laugh:

qps
02-12-2008, 10:15 AM
I see they still offer hand and foot controls:hammerhead:..don't think I would brag about that....

RockSet N' Grade
02-12-2008, 10:18 AM
a folding cup holder that I have found works real well can be found on griotsgarrage.com. It cost around $16, should go well with power tan.

Tigerotor77W
02-12-2008, 10:44 AM
I'll be watching at Conexpo. :P

bobcat_ron
02-12-2008, 11:26 AM

I have had my doubts for awhile, with the excavators I run, after 2 hours, you can feel the heat from the pilots on your legs, but this Cat of mine you don't feel anything, not even that characteristic hissing noise as you go through the motions on the joysticks, but I'm still suspicious.

Scag48
02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
I have had my doubts for awhile, with the excavators I run, after 2 hours, you can feel the heat from the pilots on your legs, but this Cat of mine you don't feel anything, not even that characteristic hissing noise as you go through the motions on the joysticks, but I'm still suspicious.

Hmmm, it's a possibility. As long as it's working for you that's all that matters. I would be curious to know if E/H did make it into the BII's because I was under the impression they were not.

Danish Cat technician
02-12-2008, 01:37 PM
The B'series Cats are pilot controlled not E/H. E/H is only in the new C series.

MarcSmith
02-12-2008, 01:41 PM
I just my 325 as well, but I kept my hand and foot control's thank you very much. it matched exactly to the 250 series 2 that we have. so both units are controlled the same, no operator confusion or anything.

The joy stick would give one of my emlpoyee's issues since he tips the scales around 300...

bobcat_ron
02-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I just my 325 as well, but I kept my hand and foot control's thank you very much. it matched exactly to the 250 series 2 that we have. so both units are controlled the same, no operator confusion or anything.

The joy stick would give one of my emlpoyee's issues since he tips the scales around 300...

A fat man that has issues with joysticks!?!?!?

MarcSmith
02-12-2008, 02:01 PM
looking at the pic I dont think he'd be able to get into the cab.

Lets put it this way. the armrest in the 250 sersies2 and 325 are in his way and he has to flip them up when hes inside to be comfy.

Canon Landscaping
02-12-2008, 02:03 PM
where is the pressurized cab? I agree the cab is a pain in the rear to get in and out of I always rip my pockets on the arm rest when I jump in too fast

MarcSmith
02-12-2008, 02:10 PM
I have yet to find a to jump into or out of the the cabs....and i tip @ 200#'s :)

Gravel Rat
02-12-2008, 02:26 PM
I don't know how anybody can run a skid steer all day long. Even when I run hoe I have to have the door open.

dozerman21
02-12-2008, 02:50 PM

I have the hand controls on mine and I like them very well. They have a very good feel to them and I can run it all day and not be tired. Have you tried one with the hands controls? To me they are positioned better than Case's are, and feel more comfortable IMO. I don't care for any machines hand/foot controls. I don't think it was Deere's controls being a problem for QPS, it was hand controls in general. Chances are if you started on pilots, you're going to want pilots from here on.

The cabs aren't the biggest but I like it that way. I'm 6' and I don't have any problem getting in and out. The sliding door is handy if you ever want to operate with it up, plus it's safer. What I dislike is the cab not being pressurized. I think Deere should have fixed that before working on pilots, but again, I like the hand controls. The only real complaints I have is the non-pressurized cabs and the hand throttle is too close to the bucket control. When you shake your bucket your hand can hit the lever. Deere needs to move it back a little.

Tigerotor77W
02-12-2008, 02:53 PM

B2 machines aren't EH... I don't think I've ever heard a hissing coming out of Cat's skids, either.

MarcSmith
02-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Il ove the cabwith ac and heat. when doing snow work it great, and when you are sweeping parking lots and road, no dust...

BIGBEN2004
02-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Now I wonder what Deere will say in their comparison videos on their web site against Cat, Posi-track, and Takeuchi. On their videos they always say that the pilot controls don't allow the machines to push as much dirt or stay on the side of a hill as good as the dual lever controls on the Deere. I just laughed at the video because I know I could push the row of dirt and stay on the side slopes just as good as the Deere with any of the Cats, Posi-tracks and the Takeuchi.

http://digdeeper.deere.com/content.cfm?section=wy&page=2#

Click on the Videos and then the Compact Track Loader too see some videos of them comparing them. Their videos are a joke.

KTM
02-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Once you get use to the Deere cab's there not that bad to get in and out off, but it sure is fun to watch a newbie get in one, and it looks like the new controls are going to make it even harder for us wide guy's. It's nice that they make it so you can run with the door up but I think they should put the unlock button and ignition someplace else you have to get in, buckle up, roll door down a bit, start machine then unlock, make's for a pain in the butt when your in and out of it all day. Plus if you have to wear a hardhat there is no room when your tall. I think they just need to change there cab, I remember talking to a Deere salesman back in 03 and he was praying that they would change it but he said that it looked doubtfull.

ksss
02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Once you get use to the Deere cab's there not that bad to get in and out off, but it sure is fun to watch a newbie get in one, and it looks like the new controls are going to make it even harder for us wide guy's. It's nice that they make it so you can run with the door up but I think they should put the unlock button and ignition someplace else you have to get in, buckle up, roll door down a bit, start machine then unlock, make's for a pain in the butt when your in and out of it all day. Plus if you have to wear a hardhat there is no room when your tall. I think they just need to change there cab, I remember talking to a Deere salesman back in 03 and he was praying that they would change it but he said that it looked doubtfull.

They are for sure not a machine you want to jump in and out of all day. I always found myself falling into them as well. Reminds me of getting in and out of a Corvette.

cat2
02-12-2008, 04:19 PM
yes once you get use to getting in and out its not that bad. I'm sure the new pilots controls are going to have some problems at first, then deere is going to fix them, and work on the pressurized cabs. But thats just what i think:laugh:

bobcat_ron
02-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Now you people know why I had Deere on the bottom of my list!

P.Services
02-12-2008, 05:57 PM
where is the pressurized cab? I agree the cab is a pain in the rear to get in and out of I always rip my pockets on the arm rest when I jump in too fast

the cab is not going to be on this model, probly the next

Fieldman12
02-12-2008, 06:09 PM
I think this is a major step for Deere and I bet they start chiping away at more market share especially Cat. The only thing they still need though as others mentioned to compete with Cat is a pressurized cab and granted they dont have a big radial lift machine for those that love them. Other than that though I bet that a Deere undercarriage that is also shared with Komatsu will out last a Cat undercarriage in the same conditions. To me that is a big one up. As for the cab size it's not bad if you take the time to get in and out. Yeah your just not going to jump in and out but I dont think it's any worse than a Case or some of the others. I have set in a new C series Cat and I thought it was kind of a tight fit inside.

ksss
02-13-2008, 02:42 PM
I think this is a major step for Deere and I bet they start chiping away at more market share especially Cat. The only thing they still need though as others mentioned to compete with Cat is a pressurized cab and granted they dont have a big radial lift machine for those that love them. Other than that though I bet that a Deere undercarriage that is also shared with Komatsu will out last a Cat undercarriage in the same conditions. To me that is a big one up. As for the cab size it's not bad if you take the time to get in and out. Yeah your just not going to jump in and out but I dont think it's any worse than a Case or some of the others. I have set in a new C series Cat and I thought it was kind of a tight fit inside.

The cab set up on the Deere is much different than CAT or CASE. They are all tight inside for the most part, however its the easy of getting in and out that is the difference in this case. The Deere I feel like I am sitting in a bathtub and getting in and out of it is much the same.

jimmyburg
02-13-2008, 02:48 PM
I love the smell of Diesel in the morning!