PDA

View Full Version : EZ dumper insert

BufalinoLand
11-05-2001, 09:18 AM
My buddy has an ez dump he wants to sell me. Its rough, lots of surface rust. Does have the cab protector on it. Its about 6 years old and he bought it from a landscaper last year. How much is it worth and can i put it in my chevy 3/4 myself. and he put a new pump in it.

Kent Lawns
11-05-2001, 10:22 AM
We used to run those before we started leaf mulching.

They were a pain to plow with and they were a pain to get in and out every spring and fall.

But they can be a cheap and handy dump, though.

They always rusted fast: Combo of poor paint program and poor seam design. After we re-painted ours they seems to hold up well.

To answer the questions:
A new one is $1625 + cab shield ($210.00) So used worth might be $600.00 - $800.00 depending on condition, location, seller motivation, etc.

They fit in ANY full size truck, any year.

ant
11-05-2001, 07:23 PM
i had two inserts
one was a truck craft and the other was a ez-dump.
4 cu.yds of mulch.
ez dump strained to dump and had to rock truck to mt it.
truck craft no problem with it,can dump on the fly.
price difference with sides and roll tarp 1500.00 more for the truck craft.
the ez dump rusted out to a paper thin floor in two years.
truck craft still looks good.

truck craft is the way to go..
6 guys can slide it in
2 needed to hook it up (one as a watch and runner person)
ant n.j.

HBFOXJr
11-05-2001, 07:33 PM
Don't own either but been to their plants and Truck Kraft has the product.

LJ lawn
11-05-2001, 08:35 PM
sounds like more of a headache than it's worth (unless it real cheap).i almost bought an older one,same story old,rusted,needed pump work etc,etc.i figured it wasn't worth the hassle. i looked at all the new dump inserts before i bought a DEL little tipster.it has a front mounted telescoping piston so it will handle more weight,not a scissor type like the ez-dump.the truck craft unit was nice but a little more$$.

BufalinoLand
11-05-2001, 08:44 PM
I offered him 500 and he laughed he told me he paid 1100 and i know hes lying im thinking no more than 600. Ill have to pay someone like a 100 or so to lift it out and put it in. what do you think

gene gls
11-05-2001, 09:12 PM
Bufalinoland:

Skip the insert!!!!!

Do your self a favor and go to a truck body shop and check out what flat bed dumps are available for your truck. You will be supprised whats on the market now and they are reasonable.

Gene

gogetter
11-05-2001, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by BufalinoLand
I offered him 500 and he laughed he told me he paid 1100 and i know hes lying im thinking no more than 600.

Considering that new is about $1895 installed, I'd say that a 6 year old, second owner unit with a coat of rust is worth no more then the $500 you offered him (if that).
Tell him to keep it.

kutnkru
11-07-2001, 11:01 PM
If you do decide to get this thing than you need to make sure that you add reindorcements to your truck bed underneath so that the unit sits firmly and snugly into your bed. I have a friend who put one of these units in his truck and he had to have them add a brace to keep the slop out.

The other option you could check into if you have a decent box is a ram for your truck bed and then you wouldnt have to worry about the removal process for winter plowing.

Kris