PDA

View Full Version : The Final Countdown!! Cat 305cr Vs Bobcat 337

mrsops
02-12-2008, 01:45 PM
hey guys figured i would start a new thread for this one. so this is what it comes down to, after running both machines side by side for the past few days i must say the cat was a better machine both of my operators said the same as well. don't get me wrong the bobcat 337 was a very nice machine as well i just liked some things about the cat better then i did with the bobcat
so the final numbers work out like this

bobcat was 57,000 not 56,000 because they are giving me the key less entry option. cat was 61,000 and there matching bobcats 2 year warranty!! and there throwing in the thumb for me if i go through with the deal what do you guys think?

Scag48
02-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Do it, Cat matched the warranty, which isn't a necessity but it shows they're willing to deal. The thumb is worth a couple grand as well. Pull the trigger, they're working with you nicely.

mrsops
02-12-2008, 01:50 PM
yeah there working with me nicley because they see i have 5 bobcat skids and 2 bobcat excavators there trying to break the white as they say lol. there giving me a 30'' bucket should i try and get them to throw me a smaller or bigger bucket for nothing what do you think scag?

bobcat_ron
02-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Get a 36" bucket and a 24" toothed digging bucket, you're stealing that machine, my price here is $72,000 CAN for a 305CR loaded.

mrsops
02-12-2008, 01:58 PM
i felt it was a good price considering i was told it was going to be 67,000

Gravel Rat
02-12-2008, 02:17 PM
There isn't much of a difference in price and from my experience with Bobcat Minis go with the Cat.

As for buckets make sure you go with a aftermarket supplier never go with OEM buckets the dealer has you by the nads. Spec the machine with bare stick and you put the quick connect and thumb on. All you want from Cat is the piping and thumb control.

mrsops
02-12-2008, 02:19 PM
yeah but there putting together everything as a package

Scag48
02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
A 36" bucket can be drug by a 305, but I don't recommend it. Unless you're in sandy soil, it's going to be slow. It's not a production machine, I'd get a 30" digging bucket and a 12" or 16" trenching bucket. If you feel like getting a cleanup bucket, 40" is the right size for that machine.

Gravel Rat
02-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Around here we never buy a machine with OEM buckets for the reason being buckets are a regular wear item. If you have to buy buckets from a dealer or parts for your buckets from a dealer it is cha ching.

Deal with a aftermarket supplier like out here we have many thats all they do is buckets and machine attachments. If you want a custom made bucket they will do it.

I don't know what suppliers you have out back east but they can put a quick connect and thumb on your machine easy enough.

qps
02-12-2008, 02:48 PM
hey guys figured i would start a new thread for this one. so this is what it comes down to, after running both machines side by side for the past few days i must say the cat was a better machine both of my operators said the same as well. don't get me wrong the bobcat 337 was a very nice machine as well i just liked some things about the cat better then i did with the bobcat
so the final numbers work out like this

bobcat was 57,000 not 56,000 because they are giving me the key less entry option. cat was 61,000 and there matching bobcats 2 year warranty!! and there throwing in the thumb for me if i go through with the deal what do you guys think?

Sounds like you mind is already made up...welcome to the CAT family:cool2:

qps
02-12-2008, 02:53 PM
yeah there working with me nicley because they see i have 5 bobcat skids and 2 bobcat excavators there trying to break the white as they say lol. there giving me a 30'' bucket should i try and get them to throw me a smaller or bigger bucket for nothing what do you think scag?

I got a 12,24,36 with my 304, the 24 stays on the machine most of the time...

dozerman21
02-12-2008, 03:04 PM
QPS
Somewhere in South Africa a Village will be receiving a shipment of 19-0 T-shirts.

Nice...:laugh: Those shirts might have been made here!:weightlifter: I like the avitar too.

Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt the topic...:walking:

cat2
02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
So cat will kiss your azz. it what your saying:laugh: cat wants to break your colors. Are you going to let them do that?:nono:

ksss
02-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Sounds like you mind is already made up...welcome to the CAT family:cool2:

The CAT family? I can hear the bajo's already. All we need is a bridge, a river, and a sister or other close relation and you got yourself a party!:clapping:

I would buy the CAT. That is essentially the deal I suggested I would take. I run a 12", 24", 30" and a 50" cleanout. That is a good number. Better than the number I got close to the same machine.

Tim where do find the avitors? Pure Genius.

mrsops
02-12-2008, 05:39 PM
yeah thanks for the info guys let me see what i can do on getting a 24'' bucket as well. yeah cat is trying to break my colors which they may do lol i just feel like there giving a better deal then bobcat. bobcat should of came down a little more for there me

Scag48
02-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Alright, most of us running Cat are from the south, but still.

Welcome to the family. You'll definately enjoy Cat engineering a little more than BC in that excavator.

ksss
02-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Alright, most of us running Cat are from the south, but still.

Welcome to the family. You'll definately enjoy Cat engineering a little more than BC in that excavator.

Let me guess the most common phrase in the CAT family "C'mon squeal like a CAT"...........We'll am I close?

RockSet N' Grade
02-12-2008, 05:54 PM
A 24" bucket is a necessity for that machine........don't leave there without that 24". I have 12",18",24" and two 36" (one with teeth and one with straight edge) and one 36" tilt due any day now. The bucket I end up using most is the 24"......

qps
02-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Let me guess the most common phrase in the CAT family "C'mon squeal like a CAT"...........We'll am I close?

I gotta say it...."aint he got a pretty mouth"

qps
02-12-2008, 05:58 PM
So cat will kiss your azz. it what your saying:laugh: cat wants to break your colors. Are you going to let them do that?:nono:

:rolleyes: come on man.

ksss
02-12-2008, 06:14 PM

I will admit there is an attraction about running all the same color. But at the end of the day you get paid for what you get done. I wanted a 50CX simply because it was the right color. That machine did not spec out like the TK did. So I have Power Tan everything but my mini ex which is TK red and Grey. Does it match? no, but the combination pays the bills nicely. The CAT on paper buries the 337 and in this case it did in the field as well. If the CAT is the more productive of the two than you have to buy it. Its the machines production ability not its ability to match that turns dollars.

Would you look at that I am Silver member. Where my hat?

Scag48
02-12-2008, 06:26 PM
I gotta say it...."aint he got a pretty mouth"

You spelled pretty wrong...It's "purty"!

iron peddler
02-12-2008, 06:59 PM
I will admit there is an attraction about running all the same color. But at the end of the day you get paid for what you get done. I wanted a 50CX simply because it was the right color. That machine did not spec out like the TK did. So I have Power Tan everything but my mini ex which is TK red and Grey. Does it match? no, but the combination pays the bills nicely. The CAT on paper buries the 337 and in this case it did in the field as well. If the CAT is the more productive of the two than you have to buy it. Its the machines production ability not its ability to match that turns dollars.

did i just read ksss say the Cat was productive? watch out for lightning boys!

the new cr mini's are strong, as soon as someone else matches production with that price, it is kind of unfair match up

qps
02-12-2008, 07:43 PM
did i just read ksss say the Cat was productive? watch out for lightning boys!

the new cr mini's are strong, as soon as someone else matches production with that price, it is kind of unfair match up

Yeah...I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket:cool2:

qps
02-12-2008, 07:44 PM

That's what I was saying...where's my Hat??:cry:

cat2
02-12-2008, 08:42 PM

Congrats on the silver member. I find it hard not to run the same color. Even with the john deere and bobcat i find it hard. I have all john deere tractors, and there was a IH tractor for sale very good price, but i didn't buy it because it was red. By the time i thought everything threw i could kick myself for not buying it.

cat2
02-12-2008, 08:44 PM
:rolleyes: come on man.

what do you mean? i have to back up bobcat:weightlifter::weightlifter:

ksss
02-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah...I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket:cool2:

Now fellas, lets keep things in the context by which they were said. Given the two, the CAT on paper is stronger which usually translates into more production all other things being equal. I suggested he get a TK to throw in the mix but that fell on deaf ears. So given the choice it would be CAT (it is kinda like choosing to get hit by a Bus or train).:dizzy:

Scag48
02-13-2008, 05:46 PM
I predict a Cat purchase in your future, Kaiser. :dizzy:

mrsops
02-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Now fellas, lets keep things in the context by which they were said. Given the two, the CAT on paper is stronger which usually translates into more production all other things being equal. I suggested he get a TK to throw in the mix but that fell on deaf ears. So given the choice it would be CAT (it is kinda like choosing to get hit by a Bus or train).:dizzy:

kss what do you think about the 435 zhs with long arm im going to be demoing this out as well i still havent made up my mind yet with the cat

mrsops
02-13-2008, 05:49 PM
im hearing alot of better things about the 435zhs and i like that it comes with long arm and its 49hp. it doesnt have the same bucket break out force as the cat 305. but people over here are buying that machine like its nobodys bussiness

iron peddler
02-13-2008, 06:03 PM
sounds like you are doing all can to not buy the Cat....that's ok loyalty is a good thing....the 435 will not match the 305 but if you like controls that are not smooth then it will fit your crew fine....you are the one writing the check and if bobcat dealer takes care of you then you should be could when those drive motors go south.

vntgrcr
02-13-2008, 06:04 PM
I am not going to elaborate, but you should really take a look at a Kubota 161 if you are in the 6ton category, a good machine for the $$$

mrsops
02-13-2008, 06:04 PM
sounds like you are doing all can to not buy the Cat....that's ok loyalty is a good thing....the 435 will not match the 305 but if you like controls that are not smooth then it will fit your crew fine....you are the one writing the check and if bobcat dealer takes care of you then you should be could when those drive motors go south.

cat is a very good machine as of right now im going with them. i just wanted to check out this 435zhs and see what its all about

qps
02-13-2008, 06:23 PM
cat is a very good machine as of right now im going with them. i just wanted to check out this 435zhs and see what its all about

better get a three year warranty with the DOOCAT...my money says you'll end up with it anyways....:dizzy:

cat2
02-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Ahh heck try a John Deere too. The 75c

bobcat_ron
02-13-2008, 08:13 PM
The 75 is way to big, makes the 305 Cat look like a mini-"mini" hoe. Komatsu, Deere'tachi, Case and Doocat are the only good ones in the 11,000-12,000 class, but Doocat 435 is questionable.

cat2
02-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Go Big Or Go Home

bobcat_ron
02-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Kinda like my Blood pressure.

mrsops
02-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Kinda like my Blood pressure.

why is the 435 questionable ron

mrsops
02-13-2008, 09:19 PM
better get a three year warranty with the DOOCAT...my money says you'll end up with it anyways....:dizzy:

lol whys that qps

bobcat_ron
02-13-2008, 09:31 PM
why is the 435 questionable ron

Size and weight wise the 435 is smaller than a Cat 305.

Bobcat 435 LA (Long Arm) is 10,800 lbs with 49 hp.

Cat 305CR is 11,765 lbs and 47 hp, a difference of 965 lbs, physical size, it's smaller.

A better comparison is a 304CR and 435, then it's equal.
A Bobcat 341 (yes they are still made) and a 305CR would be a good match, both have the same reach.

Use the "Machine Comparison" function in the CAT website, very useful.

mrsops
02-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Size and weight wise the 435 is smaller than a Cat 305.

Bobcat 435 LA (Long Arm) is 10,800 lbs with 49 hp.

Cat 305CR is 11,765 lbs and 47 hp, a difference of 965 lbs, physical size, it's smaller.

A better comparison is a 304CR and 435, then it's equal.
A Bobcat 341 (yes they are still made) and a 305CR would be a good match, both have the same reach.

Use the "Machine Comparison" function in the CAT website, very useful.

ok i didnt know they had that let me check it out now.. ron from what my salesman told me was that the 341 is not being made anymore as of this year that the 337 La is the same thing. i liked the 305c cr better then the 337 when i demoed them out and cat really came down on there price

qps
02-13-2008, 09:48 PM
lol whys that qps

My guess you'll convince yourself to stay white, and if dealer support and service is there it may not be a bad move, I've just not heard of bobcat excavators being as strong performers as some others, if you want to try a kicka$$ digging machine try a TK153. KSSS and I butt heads over our CASE vs CAT (always in fun) but agree that takeuchi makes a pure digging machine. good luck with whichever you go with:drinkup:

mrsops
02-13-2008, 09:51 PM
My guess you'll convince yourself to stay white, and if dealer support and service is there it may not be a bad move, I've just not heard of bobcat excavators being as strong performers as some others, if you want to try a kicka$$ digging machine try a TK153. KSSS and I butt heads over our CASE vs CAT (always in fun) but agree that takeuchi makes a pure digging machine. good luck with whichever you go with:drinkup:

i have to see what is going on right now im going with the cat 305. i just want to see what this 435 zhs is all about. because the 305 is a nicer machine then the bobcat 337