PDA

View Full Version : bed cover

GreenStar
11-05-2001, 11:55 AM
hey has anyone saw or used on of those electric bed covers. they look pretty good and seem to slide without any bind up.

mowerguy
11-05-2001, 01:46 PM
I haven't seen an electric one. I have the access cover (the one that velcro's down the side) I really like it

mdb landscaping
11-05-2001, 02:01 PM
ive seen those. they look really cool. i know somebody putting one on his truck in a couple of weeks. ill let you know how it turns out.

racerdave
11-05-2001, 03:15 PM
I have the roll up bed cover, is that what your talking about?

David

HLC
11-05-2001, 09:46 PM
Haven't seen the electric ones yet. My dad just put a roll-n-lock on his new Dodge 2500 and really likes it. If I had to guess, it probably works the same way except that it actuates via an electric motor instead of a human motor.

MOW ED
11-06-2001, 07:09 AM
Are you talkin about one of these;

http://www.elpaso.net/~linco/accessco.htm

I know this one is not electric but the electric ones have the same design with a motor. They have been out for a few years now.
Its a nice idea but I would probably smash the rails. I use a snap top for over the winter just to keep the snow and ice out.

racerdave
11-10-2001, 12:28 PM
Roll n Loc brand bed covers and others of this design use a torsion spring that helps to roll up the cover when u release the latch. It's the same type of spring that is used as a counterbalance on all modern garage doors.
hope this helps.

David