PDA

View Full Version : PG Magnum

Mr.GreenJeans89
02-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Think im goin to buy a pm magnum,would really appreciate any advice from anyone out there who has one...the goods and bads,thank you

Meadowbrook
02-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Good:
Compact, fits thru any gate
Fast (for what it is) I do 5 acres in 2.5 hours including fill-ups
Easy to service
Uses almost no fuel

Bad:
Spray pattern isn't all it's cracked up to be
Traction loss going up steeper hills
A lil' shaky on slopes-although walking with it is good

JMO's

Chris

Mr.GreenJeans89
02-13-2008, 06:09 PM
the spray part is huge to me because this is to do all of my acre plus lawns and i will need the sprayer for the spring dandelion clover control.Is your unit the 2008,im sure its not.its my understanding that the new 08s are improved,i wonder if they have improved the spray pattern.I mite not get one if the sprayer does not work sufficient

Meadowbrook
02-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Mine is an 07' model. In all honesty, the coverage is good, but the pattern kinda sucks. They claim 10' spray width, I'm sure if you adjust the nozzles the whole way out you'll get 10', but with the 30% overlap, I'm saying mine is at 8' MAYBE 8.5'. Like I said coverage isn't the problem, it will get the weeds, but width has a lil' to be desired. As far as when you're spraying, be prepared to adjust your eyes pretty good to see the droplets, cause unless you're going the right way at the right light angle, you won't be able to see the droplets when you take a quick glance. In my opinion, I believe that the Magnums are great little machines, I'm very happy with mine & it definately beats using more water, more products & dragging that damn hose around, haha.

Chris

Mr.GreenJeans89
02-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Amen on draggen the hose.That wears me out.Im getten too old for that,thats why im leaning towards the pg mag.Thanks alot for your help.