PDA

View Full Version : Fh721V Upper PTO Bearing Failure

Jay19LM
02-13-2008, 08:31 AM
THe upper bearing has failed. Has anyone found or replaced this bearing. I haven't had much luck yet in finding a bearing. Any one been there, done that?
thanks

MowerMedic77
02-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Its more like a bushing then a bearing and has no item# from Kawi, you would need a new upper case housing or take the housing and crank to a machine shop and see if a replacement can be made. Post a spec# and I can verify or get you part #s

sawman65
02-13-2008, 12:16 PM
this is why dixie chopper will never use a kaw again.some of those bearings went out at less than 500 hr. kaw tells you to get a new engine. they have no short block.throw the kaw away and put ya a kohler on

Jay19LM
02-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Local machine shop couldn't help me on the sleeve bearing. They could fit the bearing if I found one. This bearing must surely be used for other applications. I was hoping someone tried this repair. BTW, Its the upper bearing, not the pto end brg.
thanks.

sawman65
02-14-2008, 10:22 AM
we know it was the top bearing, big problem.bet you noticed it when the flywheel started to hit the coils right? knock knock knock.there has been a lot of talk about how and if it could be fixed but i have never heard it being done successfully.you could get the upper half of the crankcase for 400.00 plus but is it worth it? how many hours?