PDA

View Full Version : Question for the lighting guys

jhuanger629
02-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Approximately what percentage of your total landscape lighting jobs are accent/pathway lighting?

Trying to put together some rough numbers to see what percentage of complete lighting jobs focus on path, accent and other low voltage lighting.

Thanks in advance!

Lite4
02-14-2008, 03:47 PM
That would be hard to specify as every job is a different canvas with specific needs. It is hard to quantify the unexpected. However I will say, I try to utilize reflective light onto walkways more so than the use of path lights. Sometimes, however you just have no other choice but to use them. I just don't like seeing them during the day. I like the lighting to remain slightly more inconspicuous during the daylight hours. It all goes back to "see the effect, not the source".

jhuanger629
02-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks Tim and I couldn't agree more. I like lighting that exists only at night and is almost hidden or blends into the landscape during the day.

i know a rough percentage is extremely difficult gauge, but any feedback would be great.

Thanks for the reply.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-14-2008, 04:02 PM
It really depends on the type of landscapes you have to work with. New suburban sprawl areas are going to greatly differ from old established communities, which differ again from rural estate type properties.

In my 'neck of the woods', I would say that traditional accent and pathway lighting accounts for about 10% of the lighting we install.

Regards.

jhuanger629
02-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Thank you James, much appreciated.

Pro-Scapes
02-14-2008, 06:44 PM
job we just added on to with the sofit lighting. 112 lights with 3 path lights. I will be adding 5 more pathlights on a wooded walkway to the neighbors house at the clients request for the kids.

Usually less than 10% of fixtures would be paths for us on large properties. I try to look for other ways including tree lights and reflective lighting

jhuanger629
02-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks Billy, 10% looks like industry avg so far.

Do any of you feel that there would be an additional incentive to lay accent lighting were a good chunk of the labor costs removed? (I guess meaning, is the low percentage due to poor demand or simply a pain in the butt to incorporate for the money generated)

Pro-Scapes
02-14-2008, 06:59 PM
installing a path is no harder than installing a bullet usually. The problem is its an eye sore during the day to see all these poles sticking up.

Refresh us again which company you work for? If your going to poll us for your companies benifit consider a sponsorship or at least be out and honest about who your with in your signature line. If I rememeber its solar based and im not real interested in solar. The performance is nothing close to what a powered device can do.

ChampionLS
02-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Our accent lighting blends in nicely with 10 color options, if that's the style of accent lighting your looking for.