PDA

View Full Version : hardwire serius satelitte

bobcatnj
02-14-2008, 08:49 PM
my sirius satelitte cigarette outlet plug isnt working any more, but the outlet does work. is there anyway to hardwire the power cord, so when you turn the truck on the serius goes on?

SouthernLandworks
02-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Sure there is. Ground it, Then tire in to the power for you radio or any hot wire under the dash somewhere that only has power when the truck is switched on. Push comes to shove just wire a switch in a power wire.

bobcatnj
02-15-2008, 07:46 AM
how would you hot wire it?

topsites
02-15-2008, 01:54 PM
how would you hot wire it?

Unhook the plug part and use the bare wires, but first you have to make sure you find out which end is + and -!!!
You do this by finding out which wire connects to which end of the plug, and then you still have to find out how the plugs are wired because I don't remember... I want to say the center tip is ground and the outer is + but it could be the other way around, so find out how a cigarette lighter is wired, then find out which wire of the accessory goes to which end inside the plug and mark them some kind of way before you snip.

Once you cut them off then just splice them into any available 12v power source.