PDA

View Full Version : Duals

HOMER
11-06-2001, 07:21 AM
I was wondering if anyone had ever had dual exhaust installed on their Dodge Cummins. If so what did it sound like when you were done? Been pondering this for a while now and saw one this weekend but by the time I noticed it was the Diesel it was too far away for me to hear it! I like the look myself. My plan was to do away with the muffler and turn the pipes out to each side like my Chevy.

Just curious!:confused:

Gruneich Lawn Care, Inc.
11-06-2001, 09:29 PM
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/

They can answer about any question you will ever have there. I have been reading there about about the Cummins engine, and there alot of other little mods that you can do to that truck to get major power from it. Anything you need they can help you with over there. :)

Thought I may as well put up a link for all you Ford guys also

http://forums.ford-diesel.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

HOMER
11-07-2001, 07:00 AM
Read a little about folks removing their muffler, will find out later if anyone split system and installed duals..............!

Gruneich Lawn Care, Inc.
11-07-2001, 05:55 PM
Im not positive but, if memory serves me right I think that most people go with a 4" or 5" and now even 6" single pipe all the way back, no duals. Im not positive but im pretty sure thats what most people do. Again, thats a great site to go to, tons of info, and you can even purchase products from geno's garage. He carries most everything for diesel trucks.

AltaLawnCare
11-07-2001, 07:31 PM
I've seen duals brought up before on the TDR.

I'm going with a 4" system eventually to lower EGTs, and get a deeper tone, I like the single exhaust - everyone can look at the big single tail pipe and know that this truck has a real motor.

Bunton Guy
11-09-2001, 12:55 PM
Duel exhaust on a diesel is a no no. Atleast out the back you cant doing stacks like a big rig you can but that entails cutting sheet metal off your bed. Duels out the back mean going to a smaller diameter pipe you WILL loose power. The sound dosent change all that much and the system to do this costs way to much. If you want a gain go for a chip.