PDA

View Full Version : 72" vs 60"

scott's turf
11-06-2001, 11:52 AM
I was looking at some exmarks the other day and found that the price difference between a 72" and 60" was only around $400. If you are going to spend the big money for these machines is it worth the larger deck or is that deck much more difficult to mow with?

TLS
11-06-2001, 12:15 PM
This is a question that you have to answer for yourself! If big open lots dominate your route, then its a no-brainer. However if you have a lot of residential 1/2 to 1 acre lots with undulating turf, then your probably better off with a 60".

Just remember, if you ever decide to go with the ULTRA-VAC, it will never fit in a trailer if you have a 72".

Runner
11-06-2001, 12:28 PM
IMO, the 72's are just too big for practical applications. There are just TOO many places, between trees and such that I go with the 60" that simplify things great, being able to do such. If I had a 72, I would have more work and hassle to do. Like it was said, if you know you're going to be cutting wide open spaces, and you're sure that's about ALL you'll be cutting, then the 72 will be o.k.. However, one other thing to take into consideration, is that the cut on the 72 is not as fine of a finish as a 60. There are more terrain changes and such that affect it. Also, a 60, on a Lazer, will knock out wide open spaces with ease and pleasure. Best thing would be to do, would be try one of each, and see what you think. I think you'll see why most go with the 60, though.;)

scott's turf
11-06-2001, 01:12 PM
thanks guys.