PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate LCO Truck.... AND for the right price

PlatinumLandCon
02-16-2008, 10:08 AM
As much as everyone hates the import trucks, I think this truck has everything an LCO needs (http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/news/mahindra/dieselhybridandmore.html). It has the payload and towing capacities that everyone needs, the economy everyone wants, and the price everyone can afford. I'd rather this than a 4.6 F150 XL any day of the week. I think it'll be much more reliable as well.

It should be interesting to see how they do in North America. I think Johnny's Plumbing and every other trade can use a truck like this and use it more affordably.

What do you guys think?

shovelracer
02-16-2008, 10:54 AM
I think all companies should start offering diesel and hybrid pickup options. That truck is real ugly though. It looks like an 82 toyota pickup rear ended an 02 Tacoma, then someone threw some international cxt parts on it.

hosejockey2002
02-16-2008, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't say that the truck has everything an LCO needs, but it does appear that it's the first compact truck to be sold in this country in many years that has any utilitarian value at all to it. Today's compacts for the most part are too plush, flashy and soft in the rear end to be of much use to the work truck user. IMO the Toyotas and Nissans of the 70s and 80s were better work trucks than what they sell now.

tnmtn
02-16-2008, 07:04 PM
nice looking truck. isn't mahindra owned by the same company that owns international. for some reason i was thinking they are linked somehow.

PlatinumLandCon
02-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah, the truck doesn't have everything, but with a 7.5" bed and a serious payload capacity it can easily be equipped for an LCO. Also, as a crew cab it can be used by the bigger companies as a crew truck with the aux fuel tank, tools, etc as the added bonus.